At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher. As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure. Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.If you are a Bilingual Customer Service professional looking for an opportunity to grow, Emerson has an exciting opportunity for you! Based in our Richmond Hill, Ontario location, you will provide customer and purchasing support for the InSinkErator division as well as administrative and special project support to the InSinkErator marketing and sales functions.
AS A BILINGUAL CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE, YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Retail and e-Commerce Customer Order Management:
- Validate and Manage all Retail, EDI, and e-Commerce customer orders for pricing, stock, and backorders
- Enter information onto Customer Web Portals as required – pull in orders, shipping information invoicing, returns as per customer requirements
- Handle all incoming calls, fax, e-mail inquiries, return requests, etc. for Retail customers
- Handle and process all warranty claims and no charge orders inquiries, expediting rush orders, invoicing issues, entering special orders
- Distributor/Wholesaler Customer Order Management:
- Handle all incoming calls, faxes, emails from distributors, sales agents, and InSinkErator sales team – including stock check and availability, advise on pricing, expediting rush orders, order tracking
- Receive customer orders daily via email/fax: validate item, price, customer, delivery information, terms, etc. Handle and process RGA's and warranty policy inquiries
- General Customer Service Duties:
- Field technical questions regarding product
- Customer address book maintenance on the Emerson system
- Communicate with distribution warehouse staff for smooth flow of orders, track and view shipments
- Work with Accounts Receivable and process credits
- Determine, process and manage all purchase orders for inventory stock items and non-stock materials; marketing materials, office supplies, support materials.
- Assist in the execution of Marketing programs and coordinate special requests from sales and marketing personnel.
You stay aligned with your goals and stay productive. You make new connections and build relationships in other areas and teams. You deliver clear, problem-focused communication and build customer relationships. You take time to ask questions and define the problem and make learning a priority and a goal. You take ownership of mistakes and can learn from the experience. You are open to change and continue to learn and experience new opportunities. You align words and actions to model reliability.
With its global headquarters in Racine, Wisconsin (USA), InSinkErator, a business unit of Emerson Electric Co., is the world's largest manufacturer of Food Waste Disposers (Garberator™) and Instant Hot Water Dispensers for home and commercial use.
For over 80 years, the company has delivered on the promise of the InSinkErator brand: long lasting innovative products, superior grind and sound performance, trouble-free operation, fast, easy installation, and a We Come To You® In-Home Limited Warranty. Today, this brand promise still stands.
Today we are at the forefront of organics waste diversion and conversion toward environmentally sound energy and resource recovery programs.REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- College/university education required (preferably some Business courses)
- Prior customer service experience is required
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Multitasker with strong attention to detail
- Collaborative, team player
- Microsoft Office expertise (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Working experience with a customer order/inventory management system (ERP) – preferably Oracle EBS or a similar system
Our Commitment to Our People
We invest in our employees to ensure they have the marketplace knowledge, skills and competencies to compete and lead in a global economy. Our training programs focus on end-to-end development from onboarding through senior leadership.
Flexible and competitive benefits plans offer you the right options to meet your individual/family needs: extended health & dental benefits, Heath Care Spending Account, life insurance coverage, registered pension plan/registered retirement savings plans. We provide employees flexible time off plans including paid parental leave (maternal and paternal), vacation and holiday leave.
Our success is measured by the positive impact we make on people, our communities and the world in which we live. Learn more about us!.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
At Emerson, we are committed to fostering a culture where every employee is valued and respected for their experiences and perspectives. We believe a diverse and inclusive work environment contributes to the rich exchange of ideas that inspires innovation and brings the best solutions to our customers. This philosophy is fundamental to living our company's values and our responsibility to leave the world in a better place.
Diversity and Inclusion at Emerson is about welcoming, respecting, and valuing the differences each employee possesses. Inclusion is creating a real sense of engagement, belonging and connection for all employees. Learn more about our Culture & Values and about Diversity & Inclusion at Emerson.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply including women, Aboriginal Peoples, members of visible minorities and persons with disabilities. Reasonable accommodations are available at all stages of recruitment, selection, and employment.
If you have an accommodation need, please contact Human Resources or Accessibility.Canada@Emerson.com to make appropriate arrangements.
Apply on company website