At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher. As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure. Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.If you are a Technology Director professional looking for an opportunity to grow, Emerson has an exciting opportunity for you! You will support the continued global growth of Emerson's Real-Time Modeling System (RTMS). This role is primarily responsible for the leadership and ongoing development of the RTMS technology suite, ensuring the successful development of the software as we expand into the life sciences space and new verticals. In this role, you will be responsible for managing and leading a team of software developers, product managers, UX designers, and QA/documentation personnel.
Emerson's Real-Time Modeling System (RTMS) product suite, which consists of discrete event simulation, statistical analysis, data management, and finite scheduling for the L3 MOM space.
AS THE DIRECTOR OF TECHNOLOGY, YOU WILL:
- Set strategy actions for product
- Management of a software development team
- Meeting release and functionality objectives
- Setting and achieving KPI's on product quality, customer satisfaction of the software, release schedules
- Proven experience with technical leadership taking a product into new industries
- Experience managing and evolving a legacy enterprise product
- Recruiting, development, and retention of staff
- Vision on product and direction
- Customer interaction
- Customer retention through product satisfaction and goal setting
- Interaction with senior leadership on technology investment and direction
You consistently apply a business driver and marketplace focus when prioritizing actions. You use customer insights to drive and guide the development of new offerings. You encourage others to learn and adopt new technologies.REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Minimum of BS Engineering or Computer Science with 10+ years progressive experience in a Software industry
- Deep understanding of Enterprise Software, manufacturing operations, business processes, and supporting systems
- Demonstrated ability to guide and influence senior-level stakeholders and develop strategic direction
- Demonstrated experience with program and project management
- Strong client management and relationship skills
- Technical familiarity with enterprise IT systems and related architectures, as well as with shop floor OT systems in a manufacturing context
- Experience with managing a development team
- Ability to work in a matrixed environment
Our Commitment to Our People
We invest in our employees to ensure they have the marketplace knowledge, skills and competencies to compete and lead in a global economy. Our training programs focus on end-to-end development from onboarding through senior leadership.
Flexible and competitive benefits plans offer you the right options to meet your individual/family needs: medical insurance plans, dental and vision coverage, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, and more. We provide employees flexible time off plans including paid parental leave (maternal and paternal), vacation and holiday leave.
Our success is measured by the positive impact we make on people, our communities and the world in which we live. Learn more about us!.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
At Emerson, we are committed to fostering a culture where every employee is valued and respected for their experiences and perspectives. We believe a diverse and inclusive work environment contributes to the rich exchange of ideas that inspires innovation and brings the best solutions to our customers. This philosophy is fundamental to living our company's values and our responsibility to leave the world in a better place.
Diversity and Inclusion at Emerson is about welcoming, respecting, and valuing the differences each employee possesses. Inclusion is creating a real sense of engagement, belonging and connection for all employees. Learn more about our Culture & Values and about Diversity & Inclusion at Emerson.
Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to email@example.com.
Apply on company website