At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher. As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure. Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.
The position exists for purpose of providing in-depth support to Automation Solutions Platform level by conducting project management support, methodology enhancement, process development, high-level analysis and any other requirements as needed. In addition, this person is expected to provide high quality reports and analysis that assists in decision making. Effective presentation and communication skills are required to converse key findings, best practices, and recommendations to corporate, business units and country leaders across Automation Solutions organization.
To manage and support our strategy to build a culture of continuous improvement across the organization through different initiatives and activities that empowers the organization improve their systems, processes and models.
The role will require considerable coordination across Emerson Automation Solutions teams and management to ensure that best practices and standard processes are operational within the organization.
- Metrics, Reporting and Analytics
1. Extracts/generates quantitative information from a single or multiple tool (Business Intelligence Tools (i.e.: CRM, Qlikview, OBI, Patt, Tableau, Clear Quest, Google Analytics, Eloqua, Live Engage, Web Trends, etc.)
2. Communicates with resource person to get input/raw data needed for report generation
3. Extracts/generates quantitative information from databases using standard queries. (basic coding)
4. Gathers and collates data from different sources based on approved requirements (Established Simple Reporting)
5. Performs data validation to achieve data consistency
6. Conducts research to gather qualitative information (competitive product information, industry trends, check product specifications) from internal & external sources that will be used for analysis.
7. Cleans extracted data using pre-defined guidelines or instructions.
8. Formats extracted data based on expected report output. (with batching capability and/or multiple data formatting requirements).
9. Consolidates and standardize data structure from different data sources.
10. Combines extracted data from multiple resources using automated tools (excel, macro, database, Tableau, SQL, MS Access).
11. Categorizes and segments extracted data using tools to convert data to information relevant to the report (excel, macro, Tableau, database).
12. Calculates data using available fields within the gathered information. (basic math and statistics).
13. Analyzes gathered information & data using descriptive analytics (basic mathematics & comparative analysis).
14. Analyzes gathered information & data using diagnostic analytics (root cause analysis, gap analysis).
15. Analyzes gathered information & data using predictive and prescriptive analytics (data interpretation, data correlation, forecasting with the use of advanced statistical tools, hypothesis testing.
16. Creates reports based on standard templates.
17. Generate, analyze, create report/dashboard from different sources and submit to requestor
18. Enhances tools/scripts that can automate the reporting process (Excel Macro, VBA, Tableau, SQL, Access)
19. Creates and tests dynamic reports based on the designed format.
20. Conceptualizes report design contents and methodologies based from gathered data and/or analysis for static or dynamic reports
- Continuous Improvement and Innovation
1. Identifies continuous improvement project ideas.
2. Validates and tracks if the business unit action plan adequately addresses the situation and can lead to successful results through project milestone and gate reviews.
3. Maps processes as part of the procedure documentation.
4. Gathers, Analyzes and documents the Continuous Improvement Project as part of the Knowledge Management and best practice sharing.
5. Reviews the objective in comparison to the actual output. Facilitates the lesson learned collaboration with the projects team.
6. Prepares Value Chain Map (VCM) / Value Stream Map (VSM) to determine the as-is and future state of the observed process and/or stream.
7. Leads a team in handling a Continuous Improvement Project (Mile Deep and Mile Wide) using a problemsolving methodology.
8. Guides/Coaches a team handling a Continuous Improvement Project from the project selection, analysis, solution identification and monitoring of results and business impact.
9. Analyzes the Value Chain Map / Value Stream Map to identify opportunities for improvement and project ideas to design the future state of the process and/or stream being analyzed.
10. Leads a team doing a Value Chain Mapping / Value Stream Mapping activity to its objective using the Business Process Excellence (BPE) methodology.
- . Process and Internal Audits
1. Defines the audit criteria and scope for each audit based on Quality Audit Methodology.
2. Conducts process audit based on the QMS methodology.
3. Initiates, documents and report non-conformances raised by internal quality auditors during the audit to relevant management.
- University Engineering Graduate
- At least 2 years related experience in Metrics, Reporting and Analysis
- Continuous Improvement, Business Process Improvement, Process Engineering.
- Relevant knowledge and experience in Quality Assurance, Process Audit, Documented Information Management, Quality Management System (ISO 9001), Lean Methodology, Six Sigma
- Advance knowledge in usage of MS Excel, Access, SQL, Tableau
- Knowledge of basic to intermediate statistics, statistical process control and quality management theories
- Strong knowledge in project management
- Strong knowledge of process mapping, value chain mapping, value stream mapping and documentation
- Knowledge of quality tools and techniques (TQM, ISO 9001, CMMI, Six Sigma or similar)
- Demonstrated systems and process knowledge. Able to conduct process audits
- Strong analytical and reasoning skills
- Strong communication skills (oral & written)
- Strong meeting facilitation and presentation skills
- Ability to work effectively across language and cultural barriers
- Demonstrated experience in managing process and/or systems change
- People and results-oriented
- Experience working with several levels within an organization, from frontline up to senior management
- A team player, with a positive attitude
- Excellent time management
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written or oral form
Apply on company website