At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher. As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure. Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.Description
This position is responsible for planning, implementing and maintaining numerous EHS programs to assure the highest possible degree of safety for employees and environmental compliance. The successful candidate will be a self-starting leader who enjoys the challenges of daily involvement with all departments.
- Work with Plant Engineer and Occupational Health Nurse (OHN) to ensure the facility is in compliance with federal, state and local laws, regulations, rules and codes. Utilize Emerson?s safety systems (Velocity EHS, ENHESA) and follow the company?s policies and best practices.
- Identify and evaluate hazardous conditions and practices in the workplace, conduct and coordinate on-site inspections to audit physical conditions and safe work practices. Provide mentoring and technical expertise for all compliance regulations.
- Coordinate training for new and existing employees, including annual safety training.
- Compile, analyze, interpret, investigate and report any incidents. Review any property damage and injury reports.
- Lead and coordinate all safety committee activities.
- Help develop controls for identifying hazards, coordinate the implementation of controls from result of hazard analysis. Measure and evaluate the effectiveness of the hazard control systems and procedures and recommend changes that reflect improved opportunities to eliminate work place accidents and injuries.
- Order and maintain all safety supplies, products or training items required with the support of the OHN.
- Manage and maintain all EHS recordkeeping and reporting requirements. Investigate any accidents or near misses. Advance and promote a strong safety culture in the Company.
- Obey all safety rules and stop work if continuing is unsafe or will create an unsafe condition. Report all safety concerns immediately.
- Network with peers at other Emerson locations as needed.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by Director of Operations and Global EHS Director.
- Knowledge of federal, state and local laws, regulations, rules and codes in regard to EHS.
- Possess a high level of technical expertise, ability to apply skills to continuous process improvement while maintaining maximum levels of safety.
- Ability to tactfully and professionally handle challenging conversations in regard to safety and employee behavior without personal bias or judgement.
- Take initiative and make decisions based on known policies and procedures with minimal supervision.
- Possess excellent communication skills and have the ability to motivate and influence others.
- Lead with utmost integrity, professionalism and a positive attitude.
- Must be a team player and lead by example.
- PPE required including safety glasses, ear plugs and/or safety shoes.
- Must be able to travel/fly to other Emerson facilities for meetings or audits.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor?s Degree in Safety Engineering, Safety Management/ Technology/ Applied Science, Occupational Health and Safety, or Industrial Safety required.
- Three to five years relevant EHS experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and basic computer skills.
- Experience with internal and/or external audits from regulatory agencies, consultants or corporate staff.
- Work within manufacturing plant conditions and elements which may include but not limited to noise, dust, dirt, oil, and mobile equipment.
I own Safety ? 30 days
Leading at Emerson ? 1 year
While performing duties may be required to stand, walk, stoop, bend, climb, twist in the process of training and orientation of associates, as required.
- Work within manufacturing plant conditions and elements which may include but not limited to noise, dust, dirt, oil and mobile equipment
- PPEs will be required including safety glasses, ear plugs and/or safety shoes
No calls or agencies please. Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to email@example.com.
Apply on company website