At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher. As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure. Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.If you are an Executive Assistant professional looking for an opportunity to grow, Emerson has an exciting opportunity for you! Based in our Clay Rd Houston, TX location, you will be accountable for managing a broad variety of executive and administrative tasks for members of the Isolation Valves Senior Leadership Team including the General Manager for the Americas, VP of Global Operations, VP of Supply Chain & Quality, VP of Perfect Execution, Director of HR, and other ISV Americas leaders.
AS AN EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT, YOU WILL:
- Support global operations leadership and ISV Americas leadership with internal and external commitments related to meetings, appointments and planning; assist with prioritizing obligations, flagging important and urgent items for attention
- Coordinate travel, transportation and hotel accommodations, as well as, manages destination itinerary and processing travel expenses
- Conduct research on and assembles material required for presentations and reports
- Review, route, answer and monitor follow-up actions on correspondence
- Answers and routes phone calls, mail and email messages
- Drafts memoranda and prepares / distributes announcements to Emerson employees
- Communicates with the general staff and coordinates logistics of high-level meetings, both, internally and externally
- Responsible for providing complex office administration, this may include, organizing meetings and teleconferences, managing calendars, coordinating travel, processing and finalizing expenses, and composing documents
Communication and Human Resources Support:
- Serves as the administrative liaison for employee communications and coordination of employee events at the Clay Rd office
- Drafts and distributes general employee communication on key announcements and events; Maintains organizational charts for the Americas region
- Distributes calendar invitations for employee webcasts and distributes call information to remote workers; confirms webcasts connects properly at scheduled time
- Assists with new hire onboarding, processes vehicle requests and maintains files
- Handles administration for the ISV Charitable Contributions Committee
- Leads support and event planning for growth review meetings in region in support of our sales channel
- Organizes employee lunches for in-house training and meetings, as requested, and processes related expenses to the appropriate cost-center
- Ensures any requested events, both on and offsite, are planned and executed on time and on budget
- Serves as principal contact and source of information to staff members of Emerson and external customers
- Key point of contact for maintenance requests; liaises with 3rd party maintenance provider
- Purchases and maintains inventory of office supplies
- Customer Focus
- Action Oriented
- Organizational Savvy
- Builds Network
- Detail Orientation
- Manages Ambiguity
WHO YOU ARE:
You are passionate about making an impact and always act with integrity. You have a strong sense of customer focus and a can do attitude. You persist in the face of setbacks. You know that you are an extension of the team that you support and present yourself in a professional manner to both external and internal customers.REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- High School Diploma required; Bachelor's Degree preferred
- 5+ years of experience in an executive administration role, required
- Ability to manage calendars and organize meetings across multiple time zones
- Ability to create presentations, emails, and agendas based on direction from leadership
- Proficient utilization of MS Office, including, MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated proactive mindset
- Ability to work independently and with professional discretion
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks, seamlessly, with excellent attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff and external partners
- Legal authorization to work in the United States - sponsorship will not be provided for this position.
Our Commitment to Our People
We invest in our employees to ensure they have the marketplace knowledge, skills and competencies to compete and lead in a global economy. Our training programs focus on end-to-end development from onboarding through senior leadership.
Flexible and competitive benefits plans offer you the right options to meet your individual/family needs: medical insurance plans, dental and vision coverage, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, and more. We provide employees flexible time off plans including paid parental leave (maternal and paternal), vacation and holiday leave.
Our success is measured by the positive impact we make on people, our communities and the world in which we live. Learn more about us!.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
At Emerson, we are committed to fostering a culture where every employee is valued and respected for their experiences and perspectives. We believe a diverse and inclusive work environment contributes to the rich exchange of ideas that inspires innovation and brings the best solutions to our customers. This philosophy is fundamental to living our company's values and our responsibility to leave the world in a better place.
Diversity and Inclusion at Emerson is about welcoming, respecting, and valuing the differences each employee possesses. Inclusion is creating a real sense of engagement, belonging and connection for all employees. Learn more about ourCulture & Values and about Diversity & Inclusion at Emerson.
Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply on company website