At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher. As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure. Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.Description
The Fabricator I is developing the skill sets in aspects of fabrication (layout, cutting, welding, grinding, etc.) to complete metal fabrication projects from start to finish. These are typically small to medium complexity jobs, and with the aid of senior fabricators, and fabrication leads, help ensure they are in accordance to the customer's specifications as well as industry standards. Typical operations include cuts, bends, threads and installs tubing or piping. Typical fabrication projects include structural support bases (frames), pipe spools and metal control buildings.
Completes task for small to medium with minor supervision. Contributes to large-complex projects with significant supervision
- Follows project drawings and other written instructions to perform tasks as directed
- Executes a list of required materials and material cut list
- Contributes to layouts for work applying knowledge of basic math and fabrication and welding
- Completes actions regarding location and sequence of cutting, drilling, and welding operations, using instruments such as compass, protractor, dividers and ruler.
- Marks curves, lines, holes, dimensions, and welding symbols onto work piece, using scribes, soapstone and punches, to be verified prior to completing tasks.
- Familiar with standard set ups for operation of welding machines.
- Basic process understanding of GMAW, GTAW, and FCAW includes welding done by hand or machine on sheet steel, structural members, pipe or tubing.
- Assists with install of tubing or piping per isometric drawings.
- Follows direction from senior and level II fabricators to complete the job
- Ensures all work product are properly reviewed and inspected
- Receives mentoring and skill training from senior employees as required
- Contributes to a team atmosphere of fabricators to maintain morale, improve quality and meet goals
- Perform other duties as needed and/or assigned by management
- 1-3 years experience in the fabrication and assembly of various structures and piping systems. Equivalent completion of a technical curriculum counts toward this requirement
- Demonstrate an attitude of health, safety, cost and quality conformance, with knowledge in the use of applicable PPE and safety equipment
- Familiar with the operation of weld equipment, acetylene torches, plasma cutters, hand grinders, saws & drill presses
- Capable of reading structural drawings, P&ID diagrams, piping isometrics, and weld maps
- Applied knowledge of trigonometry and geometry, with regard to basic metal working.
- Requires solid communication and problem solving skills
- Can lift 49 pounds, stand for long periods of time, and withstand noise heat/cold extremes within OSHA and company limits
- Complete forklift driver test upon request
No calls or agencies please. Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by calling 1-314-553-2544 (V/TTY/TDD) or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply on company website