At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher. As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure. Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.If you are an engineering professional looking for an opportunity to grow, Emerson has an exciting opportunity for you! Based in our Tinley Park, IL location, you will be part of a team that performs a variety of complex engineering functions as related to installation, service and maintenance of the Company products to meet the customer's requirements and environment.
AS A FIELD ENGINEER YOU WILL:
- Analyze and solve engineering problem associated with the installation, start-up and operation of relatively complex digital, analog and hybrid control systems, sub-systems and/or specific control equipment at customer locations
- Assist, as a part of an engineering team, in carrying out engineering assignments involving technology outside of normal area of expertise
- Direct efforts of customer personnel engaged in: installation of control systems, sub-systems, equipment or their routine modification/repair
- Requisition necessary equipment and supplies to accomplish assigned projects
- Provide direct engineering advisory assistance to the customer and liaison within the company on issues dealing with the equipment or related matters
- Assist in development of maintenance and/or service contracts with the customer after appropriate approval
- Responsible for assistance in settling warranty claims within the scope of equipment serviced
- Provide information for and assist in preparation of quotation estimates and technical proposals for small system/sales and upgrade
- Develop and maintain good customer relations
WHO YOU ARE:
You establish and maintain effective customer relationships. You prepare content for communication that is impactful. You readily action new challenges, without unnecessary planning. You get out of your comfort zone and volunteer for assignments that represent a new challenge.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Bachelors degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent
- Minimum of 3 years of field related experience
- Basic understanding of networking switches and routers
- Basic understanding of loading software on Window based computers
- Good troubleshooting skills when it comes to electrical wiring
- Requires up to 80% travel
- Legal authorization to work in the United States-
Our Commitment to Our People
We invest in our employees to ensure they have the marketplace knowledge, skills and competencies to compete and lead in a global economy. Our training programs focus on end-to-end development from onboarding through senior leadership.
Flexible and competitive benefits plans offer you the right options to meet your individual/family needs: medical insurance plans, dental and vision coverage, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, and more. We provide employees flexible time off plans including paid parental leave (maternal and paternal), vacation and holiday leave.
Our success is measured by the positive impact we make on people, our communities and the world in which we live. Learn more about us!.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
At Emerson, we are committed to fostering a culture where every employee is valued and respected for their experiences and perspectives. We believe a diverse and inclusive work environment contributes to the rich exchange of ideas that inspires innovation and brings the best solutions to our customers. This philosophy is fundamental to living our company's values and our responsibility to leave the world in a better place.
Diversity and Inclusion at Emerson is about welcoming, respecting, and valuing the differences each employee possesses. Inclusion is creating a real sense of engagement, belonging and connection for all employees. Learn more about our Culture & Values and about Diversity & Inclusion at Emerson.
Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to email@example.com.
Apply on company website