At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher. As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure. Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.
Person in this role shall participate in the hardware and software configuration, programming, installation, testing and commissioning of Distributed Control Systems (DCS) including interfacing systems. When the system is in operation, he/she shall continue to support the system at site including performing troubleshooting, carrying out maintenance activities, providing technical support and recommendations, and participating in upgrade activities.
- Assists in configuration and programming of software for small to medium-sized DCS and other project-related systems.
- Sets up of hardware and installation of software for small to medium-sized DCS and other project-related systems.
- Testing of hardware and software for small to medium-sized DCS and other project-related systems.
- Coordinates with 3rd party vendors for interface to their system(s).
- Participates in site installation.
- Prepares and participates in Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT) and Site Acceptance Test (SAT).
- Participates in site commissioning.
- Prepares and updates engineering documentation and records, and/or liaise with relevant parties to ready it.
- Provides site service at Singapore-based facilities to maintain existing “live” systems (reactive and preventive), troubleshoot and diagnose issues, and recommend technical solutions.
- Disseminates safety and/or relevant notices to update System as part of service support.
- Manages and facilitates renewal of software licenses.
- Generates standard service reports and facilitate provision of customised reports where required.
- Aligns with Sales team's objectives and provide sales support such as preparation of repair and upgrade estimations, assist in technical clarifications and conduct of demo/testing at customer's site when required.
- Upholds service level to meet and exceed customers' expectations.
- Complies to the safety practices and procedures of the company.
- Assists co-workers where required or assigned by supervisors.
- Degree/Diploma in Computer Science, Information Systems or Engineering (in Electrical, Electronics, Chemical, Mechanical or Control disciplines).
- Candidates with at least 2 to 3 years of relevant experience preferred, but those without work experience may also apply.
- Experience with Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC) is an advantage.
- A team player with strong problem-solving skills and task-oriented. This person would preferably be self-motivated, has good time management and willing to learn.
- Proficient in English for effective verbal communication and good writing skills.
- Knowledge in Windows and PC applications preferred.
- Knowledge in Manufacturing environment preferred.
Apply on company website