At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher. As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure. Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.
- Provide global analytical support for the monthly projection process to create a forecast for the remaining months of the year
- Assist in the process of updating the Emerson Financial Model. The model includes the Balance Sheet, Income Statement, Cash Flow and multiple supporting exhibits that measure various financial ratios and metrics. The model is updated multiple times during the year for different purposes:
- Presidents Council – updated quarterly and measures the current operating year
- Profit Review – updated annually and forecasts a five-year operating plan
- Budget Review - updated annually for the first draft of the operating plan for the new fiscal year
- Financial Review – updated annually and compares historical data to the operating plan for the new fiscal year
- Coordinate the process of providing management preliminary sales and orders updates each month
- Gather and compile world area data to create accurate headcount reporting. Ensure headcount is reported accurately by world area and high cost/best cost site locations.
- Create monthly reporting for category sales and orders as well as providing timely backlog reporting
- Analyze operational financial data, communicate with world area leaders and investigate variances in order to compile the monthly performance commentary
- Develop presentations for senior management that provide line of sight into financial performance
- Coordinate and review capital expenditure requests from world areas. Review the ROI to ensure they meet corporate guidelines
- Gather data from the world areas to prepare multiple ad-hoc analysis. This analysis will include reviewing currency, mix, price and cost reduction programs.
- Prepare and update data requests sent from corporate under tight deadlines
- Develop and implement improvements to the current Hyperion Financial Management reporting process
- Additional projects as assigned
The successful candidate must have the ability to:
- Multitask in a project oriented environment with a commitment to delivering quality analysis to management
- Perform solid accounting and financial analysis
- Articulate professionally and concisely with all levels of management
- Work effectively in a team environment
The position requires 10% travel. The position requires a BS or BA degree in Accounting or Finance. A CPA or MBA is preferred but not required.
- The candidate must have a minimum of five years experience in accounting or finance. Must have specific experience relating to budgeting, forecasting and financial modeling. Experience dealing with world areas in a global environment is preferred.
- Strong business system knowledge including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint skills are required. A working knowledge of Hyperion Financial Management is preferred.
No calls or agencies please. Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply on company website