At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher. As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure. Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.
SUMMARY OF ROLE
By joining Emerson as a Guarantees Specialist for Europe, you will have a substantial role in offering efficient support
for carrying out the bank guarantee service for the European business. This involves the timely and accurate processing
of guarantees and associated work including but not limited to preparation and issuance/re-issuance/checking of
Through this role we will give you the opportunity to test your skills in a vibrant environment, to develop processes and
procedures and grow within our organization.
Are you well-organized, driven for results and eager to take your career to the next level? Then join us in Prague or Warsaw.
Your daily tasks will consist of:
- Working closely with the business on guarantee requirements, providing advice and guidance as required. Ensure the
business also complies with the need to request guarantees be opened at the proper time in the project to prevent either
disputes and/or payment delays.
- Open bank guarantees as requested by the business, ensuring they are aligned with Emerson, Customer and Banking
- Continue to liaise with the business during the life of the guarantee and process any amendments required in a timely
and accurate manner.
- Liaise with banks and customers alike to ensure guarantees are closed at the proper time.
- Provide any support required by CFS Management in the daily operation of all CFS functions.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor's degree in Finance
• At least 2 years trade finance experience with in-depth knowledge of Export trade finance
• Solid international commercial credit experience
• Microsoft Office proficiency
• The successful applicant will possess a high level of attention to detail and be able to understand and manage nuances in wording
• Highly literate and numerate
• Able to communicate at all levels within and out with the business
• Fluent Russian and English. If placed in Prague - fluent Czech, good knowledge of Polish would be a great advantage. If placed in Warsaw – fluent Polish, good knowledge of Czech would be a great advantage.
What will make you succeed in this role:
You continuously push yourself to achieve new goals and are not afraid to question the status quo by proposing creative
solutions to problems. You seize opportunities and create competitive strategies in order to build and deliver solutions that meet and exceed customer expectations.
We, at Emerson, are passionate people which take responsibility for our success and the success of our customers.
We are friendly and approachable, yet carefully planning for long term development. We encourage creativity and
innovation, in both our technical solutions and our people. It's everything but not boring! Our global Women in STEM
initiative and local Social Committee help you connect with local peers that share the same interest, to promote the
diversity & inclusion and early STEM education. We are committed to professional develop our people to access
Emerson's history of over 130 years has been an incredible technological and innovative journey, with an impact on
some of the world's toughest challenges such as: food & environmental safety, efficient use of resources and digital
transformation. This has taught us how to stretch our limits and use change as a learning opportunity, and at the same
time to stay true to our core values: #innovation #continuousimprovement #safety&quality.
Our inclusive company culture celebrates the unique perspectives, diversity of thoughts, and outstanding innovation that come to life when we actively seek to hire and develop the best, brightest team members from all backgrounds. These unique points of view help cultivate fresh thinking and new ideas, ensuring our continued success into the future.
Apply on company website