At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher. As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure. Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.If you are a Human Resources professional looking for an opportunity to grow, Emerson Automation Solutions has an exciting opportunity for you! We're seeking an HR Business Partner to join our Fluid & Motion Control team in Florham Park, NJ. The individual will implement Emerson's people-strategies and people related solutions in order to achieve business initiatives that deliver results. The ideal candidate should be an HR professional who has excellent judgement and is eager to get things done. Key to the position is the ability to collaborate with the Director of HR to ensure excellence in HR operations, Diversity & Inclusion, and Talent Management.
AS A HR Business Partner, YOU WILL:
- Coach and counsel employees and supervisors/managers in the interpretation and application of HR and organizational policies and procedures, assuring fairness and consistency.
- Provide day-to-day performance management guidance (coaching, counseling, career development, corrective action) to employees at the Florham Park location.
- Leverage data analytics to identify trends in both quantitative and qualitative data to help improve decisions and tie analyses back to the business
- Consult with and advise hiring managers on talent needs, managing expectations and collaborating with Talent Acquisition team to utilize standard processes. Participate on interview teams for open positions.
- Participate in employee on-boarding and exit processes.
- Support Talent Review sessions and help ensure full utilization of development plans, cross-referencing internal and external training and development opportunities.
- Support Florham Park site-wide diversity and inclusion initiatives and activities.
- Conduct effective, thorough and objective investigations of employee relations concerns and/or ethics issues.
- Uphold Florham Park's communication plan
- Work with Florham Park leadership to develop, monitor and execute employee learning plans to ensure Emerson required training expectations are met.
- Perform other duties as assigned to include HR metrics/reporting, data analysis, preparation for leadership meetings, support of employee relations activities, special projects and other developmental activities.
WHO YOU ARE:
You develop people to meet both their career goals and the organization's goals. You make sense of complex, high quantity and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems. You hold yourself and others accountable to meet commitments. You make good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward. You create a climate where people are motivated to do their best to help the organization achieve its objectives. You recognize the value that different perspectives and cultures bring to an organization. You plan and prioritize work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Bachelors degree required plus a minimum of 3 years of HR experience
- Required knowledge of applicable state and federal employment and labor laws and governmental compliance requirements
- Proven positive customer service and employee relations skills in order to facilitate daily interaction with internal customers
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with senior leaders, internal customers and the community
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Possesses a can-do attitude and shows persistence despite obstacles and setbacks
- Ability to produce quality results in a fast pace environment
- Maintains composure and effectiveness in stressful situations
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and HR information systems
- Open to relocation in the future for career advancement at Emerson
- Legal Authorization to work in the United States - Sponsorship will not be provided for this role.
- Masters degree in Human Resources or MBA
- HR Certification such as PHR or SHRM-CP
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills. Ability to analyze data, understand trends and develop recommendations for action based analysis.
- Prior experience working in a manufacturing environment
Our Commitment to Our People
We invest in our employees to ensure they have the marketplace knowledge, skills and competencies to compete and lead in a global economy. Our training programs focus on end-to-end development from onboarding through senior leadership.
Flexible and competitive benefits plans offer you the right options to meet your individual/family needs: medical insurance plans, dental and vision coverage, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, and more. We provide employees flexible time off plans including paid parental leave (maternal and paternal), vacation and holiday leave.
Our success is measured by the positive impact we make on people, our communities and the world in which we live. Learn more about us!.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
At Emerson, we are committed to fostering a culture where every employee is valued and respected for their experiences and perspectives. We believe a diverse and inclusive work environment contributes to the rich exchange of ideas that inspires innovation and brings the best solutions to our customers. This philosophy is fundamental to living our company's values and our responsibility to leave the world in a better place.
Diversity and Inclusion at Emerson is about welcoming, respecting, and valuing the differences each employee possesses. Inclusion is creating a real sense of engagement, belonging and connection for all employees. Learn more about our Culture & Values and about Diversity & Inclusion at Emerson.
Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to email@example.com.
Apply on company website