At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher. As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure. Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.
Emerson Commercial and Residential Solutions in Sidney, Ohio is looking for a driven and innovative Human Resources leader who is ready to take on an exciting challenge! As the Human Resources Manager, you will be in a unique position to make an impact both on individual employees, and on the organization's overall success. Reporting to the Director of Human Resources, in this role you have the opportunity to execute Emerson's People Strategy, with the ultimate goal of building an engaging culture for employees and driving business performance. The Human Resources Manager offers direct, full-cycle HR support to 500+ professional employees in groups such as Marketing, IT, Research and Supply Chain, while also having the ability to impact over 1600 employees spread across multiple sites in the Sidney and Dayton area.
As a Human Resources Manager, you will:
- Build positive, meaningful relationships with management and employees within assigned client groups in order to act as a vital resource and trusted advisor.
- Manage our new state of the art, web-based Recognition Program with the goal of driving utilization and pulling meaningful data and analytics out of the program.
- Facilitate ongoing Talent Management processes such as Organization Review (Succession Planning) and Talent Review (9-Box Calibration).
- Plan and execute large-scale employee events to include United Way Campaign, Employee Appreciation Day and Company Picnic.
- Design polished, relevant and timely internal communications in order to keep our workforce engaged and informed.
- Develop new policies, programs and culture-building initiatives to drive deeper employee engagement.
- Coach and counsel management and employees in the interpretation and application of HR and organizational policies and procedures, assuring fairness and consistency.
- Conduct thorough and objective investigations of employee concerns and ethics issues.
- Support local initiatives in relation to volunteering, industry stewardship and community involvement
We offer the flexibility of a core hour work schedule. Employees can flex their start and stop times given they are working during the core hours of 9:00am - 3:00pm. Our teams work together to ensure their chosen work schedules are supporting our customers.
Who You Are:
You anticipate customer needs and use customer insights to provide services that are beyond customer expectations. You can take a creative idea and put it into practice. You display a can-do attitude in good and bad times. You act with a clear sense of ownership and take personal responsibility for decisions, actions, and failures. You contribute to a work climate where differences are valued and supported.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Bachelor's degree in HR, Business Administration, or other related field
- Minimum 5 years related HR experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and professional presentation skills
- Ability to work effectively with various levels of the organization
- Demonstrated proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite and HR information systems
- Legal authorization to work in the United States unrestricted for an unlimited period of time. - Sponsorship will not be provided for this role.
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Prefer additional years of experience, including experience in a manufacturing or industrial company
- PHR or SHRM-CP certification
- MBA preferred or Master's in Human Resources
- Leadership experience
- Geographically mobile to enable future advancement
Emerson places a high value on ensuring that employees have a good work-life balance. We provide access to a competitive benefits package, including the following: medical insurance, dental and vision coverage, 401k participation with a competitive immediate match, fitness center, tuition reimbursement, parental leave, and an online wellness rewards program. Immediate vacation and holiday leave available, including a shutdown from December 24 through New Year's Day. Employee resource groups, including a very active Diversity and Inclusion committee, ensure that the Emerson values are incorporated into everyday employee life.
Why Work in the Greater Miami Valley Area
Our facility is located in Sidney, OH which is conveniently located within driving distance to several larger cities, such as Dayton, Troy, and Columbus. The area's generally low costs of living, excellent school systems, and low crime rates create a family-friendly environment. The area is home to several growing communities with restaurants, festivals, shopping, and arts scenes that make them exciting places to live and work.
About our Location
The newly renovated Sidney campus has 1M square feet of manufacturing floor with an additional 120k square feet of leading-edge lab facilities. This location is the headquarters for the air conditioning and cold chain businesses. Through our 30 years of scroll compressor expertise, our air conditioning related products help bring comfort and convenience in commercial, industrial and residential spaces. The cold chain business helps ensure that food safely and efficiently travels from farm to fork. Approximately 1600 employees work in Sidney, who all support a multitude of business functions. With the blend of businesses and functions represented under this one roof, there are many opportunities for advancement within the Sidney location.
Our Commitment to Our PeopleWe invest in our employees to ensure they have the marketplace knowledge, skills and competencies to compete and lead in a global economy. Our training programs focus on end-to-end development from onboarding through senior leadership.
Our success is measured by the positive impact we make on people, our communities and the world in which we live. Learn more about us!.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
At Emerson, we are committed to fostering a culture where every employee is valued and respected for their experiences and perspectives. We believe a diverse and inclusive work environment contributes to the rich exchange of ideas that inspires innovation and brings the best solutions to our customers. This philosophy is fundamental to living our company's values and our responsibility to leave the world in a better place.
Diversity and Inclusion at Emerson is about welcoming, respecting, and valuing the differences each employee possesses. Inclusion is creating a real sense of engagement, belonging and connection for all employees. Learn more about our Culture & Values and about Diversity & Inclusion at Emerson.
Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply on company website