At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher. As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure. Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.
We are currently seeking an Application Engineer to support our strategic development initiatives. You will be very hands on in application work and must be familiar with IT systems. As a team member who works closely with the sales and product teams in the regions. Collaborate with the global development teams to design and deploy IoT projects at customer site and application development, support commissioning, deployment, and operations.
- Supports Sales with Computer Science, IT, System Architecture, and Industrial / IoT-relevant Protocols knowledge.
- Dealing in the context of the customer, record requirements and do implementations based on the tools and solutions listed below (must haves).
- Leads technical discussions at the customer, working alongside sales and business development.
- Summarizes complex issues regarding manufacturing application, IT systems, machine processes, etc. into proposal for customer and internal development teams.
- Technical project responsibility – developing project plan, troubleshooting, clarifying details between customer and internal development team, and commissioning.
- Handles multiple projects at the same time.
- Works with various customers, buying influences and systems – different job roles at the customer (maintenance, utilities, IT, etc.) and software systems (MES, SCADA, Cloud, etc.).
- Degree in Computer Science or IT Background.
- Analytical and strategic thinking
- Structured working method
- Self-initiated and Assertive
- Team player and helpful
- Willingness to travel
- Technical Skills
- Administrative expertise in Linux
- Knowledge about Protocols like OPC UA, MQTT and HTTP/REST
- Expertise in Databases and Queries for MySQL and InfluxDB
- Computer networks expertise
Our Commitment to Our People
We invest in our employees to ensure they have the marketplace knowledge, skills and competencies to compete and lead in a global economy. Our training programs focus on end-to-end development from onboarding through senior leadership.
Flexible and competitive benefits plans offer you the right options to meet your individual/family needs
Our success is measured by the positive impact we make on people, our communities and the world in which we live. Learn more about us!.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
At Emerson, we are committed to fostering a culture where every employee is valued and respected for their experiences and perspectives. We believe a diverse and inclusive work environment contributes to the rich exchange of ideas that inspires innovation and brings the best solutions to our customers. This philosophy is fundamental to living our company's values and our responsibility to leave the world in a better place.
Diversity and Inclusion at Emerson is about welcoming, respecting, and valuing the differences each employee possesses. Inclusion is creating a real sense of engagement, belonging and connection for all employees. Learn more about our Culture & Values and about Diversity & Inclusion at Emerson.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to email@example.com.
Apply on company website