At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher. As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure. Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.If you are skilled manual machinist looking for an opportunity to grow, Emerson has an exciting opportunity for you! Based in our Mansfield, MA location, you will work in a safe, well-lit, clean work environment and enjoy a full employee benefits program including health, dental, life, and disability programs as well as a generous 401(k) match.
AS MANUAL VTL MACHINIST, YOU WILL: Perform precision turning, drilling, threading, facing, and other similar operations on any castings, forgings, and parts consisting of all types of metals such as iron, steel, brass, stainless steel, Stellite, etc.
- Perform precision turning, drilling, threading, facing, and other similar operations on any castings, forgings, and parts consisting of all types of metals such as iron, steel, brass, stainless steel, Stellite, etc.
- Set-ups are varied and complex requiring occasional use of special tooling, fixtures and chucks.
- Obtain fixtures, set-up tools, parts, and supplies intended for Manual Vertical Turret Lathe (VTL) and engine lathes
- Operate machines to remove material to achieve required dimensions.
- Perform finishing operations when required, such as deburring, tapping, and bench work.
- Follow both written and verbal work instructions, use approved gauges and tools to inspect parts to determine required material removal.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Prefer a minimum of 5+ years manual machining experience on one, all, or a combination of; set up and operation of: Vertical Turret Lathes (VTL); Manual VTL; Manual Lathes, Horizontal Engine Lathe
- Set-up experience with tooling, fixtures with the ability to follow instructions per technical drawings or work instructions is critical.
- High school diploma, machinist trade school, or equivalent work experience is required.
- General work bench skills such as use of hand-held power tools, assembly and disassembly. Proficient with shop math is required.
- US Citizenship is required due to contractual requirements with the US Navy
Our Commitment to Our People
We invest in our employees to ensure they have the marketplace knowledge, skills and competencies to compete and lead in a global economy. Our training programs focus on end-to-end development from onboarding through senior leadership.
Flexible and competitive benefits plans offer you the right options to meet your individual/family needs: medical insurance plans, dental and vision coverage, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, and more. We provide employees flexible time off plans including paid parental leave (maternal and paternal), vacation and holiday leave.
Our success is measured by the positive impact we make on people, our communities and the world in which we live. Learn more about us!.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
At Emerson, we are committed to fostering a culture where every employee is valued and respected for their experiences and perspectives. We believe a diverse and inclusive work environment contributes to the rich exchange of ideas that inspires innovation and brings the best solutions to our customers. This philosophy is fundamental to living our company's values and our responsibility to leave the world in a better place.
Diversity and Inclusion at Emerson is about welcoming, respecting, and valuing the differences each employee possesses. Inclusion is creating a real sense of engagement, belonging and connection for all employees. Learn more about ourCulture & Values and about Diversity & Inclusion at Emerson.
Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to email@example.com.
Apply on company website