At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher. As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure. Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.If you are a supply chain and logistics professional looking for an opportunity to grow, Emerson has an exciting opportunity for you! Based in our Racine, Wisconsin location, you will be responsible for ensuring continuity of the supply of materials to support our manufacturing schedule, as well as place purchase orders and manage pull replenishment parameters to maintain supply in accordance with company inventory objectives. In addition, you will organize and schedule customer deliveries, track inbound shipments, and manage changes to existing purchase/manufacturing orders to meet schedule timelines, as well as maintain strong working relationships and effective communication with internal and external suppliers for quick resolution to supply related issues. MS Office applications, Oracle, and Oracle e-Kanban software are the primary tools used in this environment.
AS A MATERIAL PLANNER, YOU WILL:
- Develop and maintain the supply schedule by using MRP and e-Kanban output to prioritize material requirements to ensure uninterrupted plant workflow in a lean manufacturing environment, emphasizing pull-planning techniques.
- Convert and communicate demand requirements for products and services into detailed plans and schedules for inventory acquisition.
- Manage the replenishment cycle, including PO/WO creation, PO/WO follow-up, inventory relief, transfer of materials (if required), and receipt of goods.
- Liaise with appropriate departments (i.e. sourcing, operations, etc.) to communicate potential service issues/risks, and provide projected availability and/or short-term options to avoid service interruptions (for internal as well as external customers).
- Work closely with appropriate departments (i.e. sourcing, engineering services, etc.) regarding new product launches, engineering change orders/notifications (ECO/ECN), and/or product discontinuations to properly manage supply levels to meet customer demand, while minimizing excess/obsolete inventory.
- Maintain planning system integrity and optimize parameters relative to material planning data.
- Monitor and recommend safety stock levels for each item in the planning portfolio on regular intervals.
- Collaborate with suppliers (internal and external) on the following (but not limited to): expedite/deferral requests, alternative shipping methods, and long-term supply plans (forecast sharing).
- You seek feedback from more than one source and analyze areas needing improvement.
- You utilize analytical tools to help explore potential scenarios.
- You display a can-do attitude in good and bad times.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Bachelor's Degree with a concentration in Business, Supply Chain, Operations Management, or related field, or 8-10 years of relevant work experience.
- Knowledge of and or Experience with supply chain planning and lean manufacturing concepts and application.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Ablility to communicate across multiple levels of the organization.
- Ability to travel up to 0%-5% of the time.
- Legal Authorization to work within the United States - Sponsorship will not be provided for this role.
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- APICS CPIM and/or CSCP certification a plus.
- 1-3 years of enterprise resource planning (ERP) system experience preferred (i.e. Oracle, SAP, or other formal ERP system).
Our Commitment to Our People
Across the globe, we are united by a singular Purpose: We drive innovation that makes the world healthier, safer, smarter, and more sustainable. We invest in our employees to ensure they have the marketplace knowledge, skills, and competencies to bring this Purpose to life while competing and leading in a global economy. Our training programs focus on end-to-end development, from onboarding through senior leadership.
Our success is measured by the positive impact we make on people, our communities, and the world through our unwavering focus on environmental, social, and regulatory progress. Learn more about us!
Flexible and competitive benefits plans offer you the right options to meet your individual and family needs: medical insurance plans, dental and vision coverage, 401(k), tuition reimbursement and more. We also provide you flexible time-off plans, including paid parental leave, vacation, and holiday leave.
Flexible Work Schedule – Core Hours
This role has the flexibility of a core hour schedule. You can choose to flex your start and stop times given you are working during the core hours of 9:00am - 3:00pm. Our teams work together to ensure our chosen work schedules enable our creativity and productivity as we serve the needs of our customers.
- Tuition Reimbursement – decide to go back to school and we can help pay back your tuition costs.
- Mentorship Program – be paired with someone who wants to see you grow.
- SOAR – take your career to new heights with this employee resource group.
- Profit Sharing – you'll share in the profits, since you are part of this company.
- Activities to engage employee interaction (BBQs in the summer, Donut Days, company picnic, community outreach, wellness contests, etc.), which help to create and maintain a fun and interactive corporate culture. You should enjoy your time at work.
Our facility is located in Racine, WI, which is conveniently located within driving distance to Milwaukee and Chicago. The area generally has a low cost of living and is a great family friendly area. The area is home to several growing communities with restaurants, festivals, shopping, and lakeshore beaches that make them exciting places to live and work.
About our Location
Headquartered in Mount Pleasant, Wisconsin, InSinkErator® is the world's largest manufacturer of garbage disposals and instant hot water dispensers for home and commercial use. We recently moved into our new modern headquarters and state-of-the-art lab space that will facilitate continued InSinkErator innovation and growth, enabling us to showcase the leading technologies that we're developing here in Wisconsin. For over 80 years, the company has delivered long-lasting, innovative products, with superior grind and sound performance, trouble-free operation, fast and easy installation, and a We Come To You® In-Home Limited Warranty.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
At Emerson, we are committed to fostering a culture where every employee is valued and respected for their experiences and perspectives – and that reflects the world around us. We believe a diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment contributes to the rich exchange of ideas that inspires innovation and brings the best solutions to our customers.
This philosophy is fundamental to living our company's values and our responsibility to leave the world in a better place. Learn more about our Culture & Values and Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Emerson.
Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J or TN, or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply on company website