At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher. As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure. Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.
Reporting to the Vice President, North America Operations, the Plant Manager is responsible for managing and directing all day-to-day operations of the Pasadena, TX manufacturing facility in order to meet overall Isolation Valves business objectives.
The Plant Manager will be responsible for overseeing the site P&L with the aim of achieving revenue and operating profit targets in accordance with annual budget and monthly President's Operating Report (POR).
He or she will be accountable for all aspects of plant performance and will ensure that objectives are attained in a safe, ethical and cost-effective manner consistent with quality requirements and standards.
- Participate in the annual budget process and manage the monthly P&L (POR) in order to meet site financial commitments.
- Develop and execute an annual capital expenditure (CAPEX) plan in line with business budget requirements.
- Coordinate and allocate manufacturing resources to support monthly revenue/shipping targets.
- Leverage Perfect Execution strategies to reduce lead time, increase sales, and deliver world class service levels.
- Coordinate site maintenance and repairs to ensure a safe working environment and follow all safety regulations.
- Develop and execute Inventory plans in accordance with Business Unit requirements.
- Oversee the Materials Management group to ensure material availability through effective Supplier development and maintenance.
- Ensure all corporate Trade Compliance policies and procedures are followed and met.
- Communicate with factory employees periodically to discuss and inform them regarding business conditions, company focus and expectations of employees.
- Any other duties as assigned by the Vice President, North America Operations.
Reporting & Analytics:
- Analyze site production metrics, data and processes in order to develop strategies to maximize efficiency and productivity.
- Manage and monitor site metrics and perform Root Cause Counter Measures (RCCM's) as required to ensure continuous improvement across all operational aspects of the site.
- Train operations supervisors and managers to solve problems and manage their departments through empowerment of the employees and through continuous improvement principles.
- Collaborate with other functional leaders at the site to develop a team environment that consistently meets customer expectations.
- Participate in Project Management, Sales, Procurement and Operations Planning sessions, and develop operations plans to support organizational goals
- Communicate operations plans to the Executive Leadership Team at regularly scheduled intervals
Health, Safety & Environmental:
- Ensure all legal requirements, company safety procedures, and local and state health and safety regulations are met.
- Stay current on OSHA, EPA, and hazardous waste and EEO regulations and ensure compliance.
- Oversee and promote effective Health, Safety and Environmental programs and practices, ensuring that high standards of site safety are established and met
- Demonstrate personal commitment to a safety and quality culture
- Establishes clear responsibilities and processes for monitoring work and measuring results
- Identifies and addresses general root causes to safety and quality problems
Education & Experience:
- BS Degree in Engineering
- MBA preferred
- A minimum of 5 years Business Management experience
- A minimum of 10 years Operations experience in a manufacturing industry, preferably related to valves
- Prior P&L experience managing a facility
- Demonstrated knowledge of lean/six sigma concepts and proven experience in successfully applying these concepts to manufacturing related business problems.
Skills & Abilities:
- Good interpersonal skills and able to communicate with all levels of management, hourly and salaried employees
- Ability to work cross functionally and influence others that don't have a direct reporting relationship
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Strong leadership and management skills with the ability to supervise multiple teams
- Strategic thinker, able to analyze problems, deal effectively with ambiguous information, and reach good conclusions / decisions
- Has shown the ability in prior positions to drive for results, and to persevere, even in the most unfavorable circumstances
- Can delegate and manage resources effectively
- Excellent communications and presentation skills
- Excellent conflict-resolution and decision-making abilities
- Market awareness / understanding
No calls or agencies please. Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by calling 1-314-553-2544 (V/TTY/TDD) or by sending an email to email@example.com.
Apply on company website