At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher. As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure. Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.
The Printed Circuit Board Design Engineer will work with a team responsible for designing and supporting electronic assemblies for the DeltaV product line. DeltaV is an easy and flexible modern automation system intended for a wide variety of applications including Life Sciences, Oil and Gas, Food and Beverage, and Chemical.
- Layout complex PCB's using Computer Aided Design tools. Designs often include 2-layer to 16-layer PCB's with power supply, analog, digital and high-speed circuitry
- Work in a collaborative team environment to review and analyze electrical schematics and supporting documents to interpret electrical design requirements, create PCB layouts & produce detailed fabrication and assembly drawings
- Create unique designs of rigid and rigid/flex PCB's from conception to manufacture including component placement, routing, constraints, manufacturing file creation, and all related documentation within the assigned tool
- Work with other engineers to identify and resolve design issues related to PCB layout
- Manage and maintain a CAD component library across multiple engineering locations
- Collaborate with manufacturing organizations to ensure designs meet manufacturability standards
- Consult with mechanical engineers on the circuit board enclosures and board interconnect design
This position will require occasional travel including internationally.Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Electronic Engineering Technology or other related engineering field and 4 years of related experience or a master's degree in Electrical Engineering, Electronic Engineering Technology or other related engineering field and 3 years of related experience
- Experience with electronic manufacturing assembly processes and drafting practices associated with circuit board design and assembly
- Proficiency using CAD tools for PCB design
- Knowledge of best practices for electro-magnetic compatibility design
- Candidate must possess good verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Windows OS
- Experience with Mentor Graphics PCB Design CAD tools
- SQL database experience
No calls or agencies please. Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to email@example.com.
Apply on company website