At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher. As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure. Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.
The Procurement Manager will oversee development and execution of supply chain strategy for direct material purchases which may include raw materials, electronic components, manufactured products, fabricated parts, buyouts, equipment or other operating supplies. Primary responsibility is to provide functional management for procurement resources executing supply chain strategies in key categories of direct materials purchases. This responsibility includes providing functional oversight for Commodity Managers, Regional Sourcing Managers and Sourcing Specialists assigned to a respective category of purchases.
- Lead team responsible for direct material purchases
- Develop and execute sourcing strategies to achieve defined supply chain objectives
- Approve the selection of suppliers for contract awards and the final provisions & language negotiated for associated Supply Agreements
- Authorize and assess E-Sourcing activities and best total cost objectives
- Monitor and report key performance indicators to ensure all assigned sourcing strategies meet or exceed the minimum operational performance requirements
- Manage the strategic business relationship with key preferred suppliers including periodic business performance reviews
- Collaborate in the development and administration of key business processes and systems utilized in supply chain management
- Prepare and present data related to the functionality and outputs in sourcing strategies
Position requires up to 50% travel.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Engineering or related technical field
- 5-7+ years of experience in supply chain management, purchasing, supplier evaluation and negotiating
- Demonstrated leadership and management experience of a large scope project, cross-functional team or prior management position
- Experience with contract administration
- Proven communication and organizational skills
- Strong negotiation and analytical skills
- Proven knowledge and experience in financial and economic evaluations
- Proficient using Microsoft Office Suite applications
- MBA preferred
- Spanish and/or Chinese fluency
Equal Opportunity Employer
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to email@example.com.
No calls or agencies please. Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
Apply on company website