At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher. As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure. Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.If you are a PRODUCT MANAGEMENT professional looking for an opportunity to grow, Emerson has an exciting opportunity for you! Based in our ELYRIA OH location, you will be responsible drive an innovative and strategic direction for their product lines. The Product Manager works cross-functionally to develop the new product plan and identify and drive improvements to the existing product portfolio. This role leads, facilitates, or otherwise participates in day-to-day activities of his/her product portfolio, including but not limited to customer visits, pricing, forecasting, sales training, and sourcing decisions. In addition, you will be responsible for identifying new product opportunities and working cross functionally to develop the products and bring them to market. This position reports to the Director of Product Management.
AS A PRODUCT MANAGER YOU WILL:
- Manage the entire product lifecycle of products in the applicable categories, from cradle to grave.
- Conduct extensive research to understand and anticipate our customers' needs. Lead development projects to meet those needs.
- Assess competitive position of the product portfolio against competition and to develop future growth opportunities.
- Maintain current knowledge of market trends, technologies, competitors, customer base, market size, channels of distribution, industry trade associations and required product certifications.
- Develop long term product line strategies and a corresponding new product pipeline that is consistent with the vision and strategic intent of Emerson Pro Tools.
- In cooperation with Engineering, Operations, and Sales/Marketing, manage new product development programs and launch new products.
- Establish and monitor market pricing of assigned products. Drive strategic pricing decisions to grow margins while gaining share.
- Actively support the Sales function, including product training, developing competitive product information, creating the value propositions, and working with end user customers.
- Conduct product line profitability analysis and implement necessary improvement initiatives.
You build and deliver solutions that meet customer expectations.You display a can-do attitude in good and bad times. You represent own interests while being attentive to others' interests as well.
You effectively communicate in various settings: one-on-one, small and large groups, or among diverse styles and position levels.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- 3+ years of experience of professional product management, marketing, engineering or sales experience, or equivalent experience that demonstrates the requirements of the job.
- Involvement in new product development projects and project management methodologies in a manufactured product environment is required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Engineering or related field required.
- Travel - Approximately 30% travel is required for this position.
- Legal authorization to work in the United States - Sponsorship will not be provided for this role.
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Experience within the mechanical, electrical, or plumbing markets
Our Commitment to Our People
Across the globe, we are united by a singular Purpose: We drive innovation that makes the world healthier, safer, smarter, and more sustainable. We invest in our employees to ensure they have the marketplace knowledge, skills, and competencies to bring this Purpose to life while competing and leading in a global economy. Our training programs focus on end-to-end development, from onboarding through senior leadership.
Flexible Work Schedule – Remote Work Option and Core Hours
This role has the flexibility of a remote work option up to three days a week and a core hour schedule. You can choose to flex your start and stop times given you are working during the core hours of 9:00am – 3:00pm. Our teams work together to ensure our chosen work schedules enable our creativity and productivity as we serve the needs of our customers.
Emerson places a high value on ensuring that employees have a good work-life balance. We provide access to a competitive benefits package, including the following: medical insurance, dental and vision coverage, 401k participation with a competitive immediate match, fitness center, tuition reimbursement, parental leave, Holiday Bonus, and an online wellness rewards program. Immediate vacation and holiday leave available. Employee resource groups, including Diversity and Inclusion committee, Women In Stem, LGBTQ+ Allies, and our Veterans Group, ensure that the Emerson values are incorporated into everyday employee life.
Why Work in the Greater Cleveland Area
This role is located in our World HQ in Elyria (just a little west of Cleveland), Ohio USA.
Our facility is located in Elyria, OH which is conveniently located within driving distance to Cleveland. The area's generally low costs of living, excellent school systems, and low crime rates create a family-friendly environment. The area is home to several growing communities with restaurants, festivals, shopping, and arts scenes that make them exciting places to live and work.
Since the invention of the modern pipe wrench in 1923, the 25-acre RIDGID world headquarters in Elyria, Ohio has been developing tools that help trades professionals tackle jobs faster, safer, and more accurately. Today, more than 600 employees work in 734K sq. ft. of office and manufacturing space. The campus is also home to a factory tool service center and a state-of-the-art “School House” training center that educates and trains hundreds of tradespersons annually. In addition to the iconic wrench, the campus manufactures RIDGID battery hydraulic tools, pipe and electrical tools, and drain cleaning components, as well as Greenlee step bits and knock out tools. Emerson's Professional Tools business provides the industry's broadest portfolio of advanced, reliable tools and technologies for the mechanical, electrical and plumbing trades.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
At Emerson, we are committed to fostering a culture where every employee is valued and respected for their experiences and perspectives – and that reflects the world around us. We believe a diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment contributes to the rich exchange of ideas that inspires innovation and brings the best solutions to our customers.
This philosophy is fundamental to living our company's values and our responsibility to leave the world in a better place. Learn more about our Culture & Values and Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Emerson.
Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J or TN, or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, please contact: email@example.com.
Apply on company website