At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher. As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure. Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.Description
As the Product Strategy Leader, you will develop and drive the product vision and strategy positioning the organization for significant long-term growth in the Internet of Things (IoT) space. You will build a long-term view of markets and products in IoT and White-Rodgers role in it. This will not be an easy task. Markets and technologies are changing at a relentless pace. Market information might be limited or non-existent, and solutions will not be straight-forward. To help you on this journey, you will partner with a cross-functional team of product leaders, engineers, as well as executive leadership.
This is an opportunity for someone who wants to make a significant impact in an organization. If you lead with vision, possess superior strategic, analytic and problem-solving skills, comfortable with ambiguity, and have a passion for innovation, you will excel in this role.
- Conduct market and product research to develop a deep understanding of competitors, technology, and customer needs
- Develop a strong proprietary view on industry and product trends
- Identify full spectrum of potential growth opportunities focusing on adjacent spaces and new product offerings
- Evaluate attractiveness of market and product opportunities, including: strategic fit, sizing, growth trajectory, and right to win
- Determine level of effort, risks, and make recommendations on how best to pursue growth opportunities, which could include new product development, acquisitions, and partnerships
- Collaborate effectively and build consensus among cross-functional stakeholders
- Articulate a compelling vision and competitive strategy to executive leadership
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Finance, or Engineering; MBA preferred
- 7+ years of product management, product marketing, consulting, and/or business planning experience
- Proven leadership skillset: determining what needs to be done in the face of ambiguity, developing a plan, and driving the effort to reality
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-directed and comfortable working in ambiguous environments
- Ability to navigate the organization, collaborating effectively with multiple stakeholders
- Strong background leveraging data and analytics to drive decisions including fluency with market and consumer research
- IoT / Connected Product experience
- Business Insight
- Customer Focus
- Drives Results
- Drives Vision and Purpose
- Manages Ambiguity
No calls or agencies please. Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to email@example.com.
Apply on company website