At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher. As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure. Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.Rosemount™ Measurement & Analytical, a business unit of Emerson Automation Solutions, is currently seeking a Production Supervisor.
Rosemount™ is a signature brand of Emerson, offering a comprehensive line of measurement instrumentation, analyzers and systems which are used in a wide range of applications found in critical processing facilities such as refineries, chemical plants, power plants, pipelines, and more.
To supervise all assigned manufacturing work areas in a manner which will achieve group objectives with regard to safety, quality, continuous improvement, schedule, cost, training, and a positive working environment.
- Creates and maintains a safe work environment. Responsible for maintenance and protection of company property in assigned work area.
- Plans daily work assignments and periodic rotations for assigned employees to meet objectives. Delegates routine and important tasks.
- Shares responsibility and accountability for schedule, quality of product and safety with direct reports. Sets clear objectives and measures, monitors progress and results.
- Participates in the hiring and selection process to fill open positions. Interviews and recommends potential candidates.
- Maintains and supports ongoing training programs. Participates in the development of new or updated training programs as necessary. Provides tasks and assignments that challenge and stretch employee's abilities. Conducts regular discussions with employees on personal development.
- Conducts timely, effective performance reviews in accordance with company guidelines. Regularly meets one-on-one with assigned employees to verbally review performance. Provides current, direct, complete, and action-able feedback that is both constructive and positive.
- Communications regularly to assigned employees on matters such as business conditions, goals, trends, accomplishments, pay plan updates, and information on benefits and policies. Fosters open dialogue within work unit and across work units.
- Demonstrates knowledge of, and consistently and fairly administers and supports company policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Demonstrates proficient knowledge of manufacturing practices and processes.
- Will attend and actively participate in training for new supervisors as outlined by Rosemount Training & Development and departmental supervision. This may include but is not limited to:
- Tools of the Trade
- Interviewing and Selection
- Interaction Management
- Manufacturing/Process Training
- Other applicable training
Education: Bachelors degree in business or related field.
Experience: Two (2) years of related experience.
No calls or agencies please. Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply on company website