At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher. As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure. Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.
Are you are an organized, resilient and results-oriented problem solver? If you're continuously looking to develop yourself and you have the ability to forge and maintain strong working relationships in a dynamic and international business environment, then we are the perfect match for you!
We are looking for a Project Engineer to reinforce our Engineering Department and manage all engineering activities linked to the development of Scroll Compressors for the European Refrigeration Market.
By joining us, you will play a meaningful role by being involved in all phases of the Emerson Process from idea generation to final product implementation in our manufacturing lines. In addition, we will offer exposure to different parts of our organization (Quality, Manufacturing, Procurement, Marketing) where most of the engineering fields (mechanical, thermodynamic, electrical, electronics, lubrication, sound, materials) are interacting.
If you are keen to deliver world class service for our customers and this sounds like an exciting job for you, then join our team in Welkenraedt!
- Definition (& follow up) of program timing and main achievements.
- Evaluate compressor design/features required to meet market & customer requirements.
- Work in collaboration with our design/analytical team to generate prototype design
- Supervise prototype testing in our lab (including hardware supply, test plan definition, prototype build, results analysis & problem solving)
- Integrate manufacturing constraint into product design
- Liaise with supply chain department to ensure final parts meet the functional requirements and cost targets.
- Coordinate with the regulatory advisor for product certification & compliance with all relevant European standard
- Validate final design through pilot build and final reliability test
- Holds an engineering or industrial engineering degree
- A first working experience, preferably in HVAC or rotating machinery, is a strong asset
- Flexible, well organized, and forward-thinking
- Able to work in an autonomous manner and to take initiatives
- Passion for technology and development
- Knowledge of various Manufacturing Processes
- Knowledge in electronics and/or data analytics is an advantage
- Proficiency in English; other EU language is a plus;
- Interpersonal skills and excellent written and verbal skills to facilitate effective communication of technical ideas
WHO YOU ARE:
You are passionate about making an impact and always act with integrity. You continuously push yourself to achieve new goals and are not afraid to question the status quo by proposing creative solutions to problems.
OUR OFFER TO YOU
By joining Emerson as a Project Engineer, you will be working at the heart of our business. This means that the skills and business insight gained can serve as an invaluable foundation toward developing your career within our global organization. We offer plentiful opportunities for advancement and support this through our formal personal development planning process.
Our on-boarding program uses a blended learning approach to get you up and running as quickly as possible. You benefit from Emerson certified trainers with extensive knowledge of our customers, products and applications.
Our inclusive company culture celebrates the unique perspectives, diversity of thoughts, and exceptional innovation that come to life when we actively seek to hire and develop the best, the brightest team members from all backgrounds. These unique points of view help foster fresh thinking and new ideas, ensuring our continued success into the future.
GET TO KNOW US
Find out more by visiting our LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube pages or at www.emerson.com .
Apply on company website