At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher. As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure. Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.If you are an Engineering professional looking for an opportunity to grow, Emerson has an opening for you! Based in our Elmira, Ontario, or East Granby, Connecticut, manufacturing facility you will be responsible for the project management of electrical controller design and development for our Heating Cable Systems (HCS) business and will have to collaborate closely with internal and external teams globally. You will acquire approvals, provide cost summaries, and assist in getting products into production as well as partner with sales and application groups to ensure our products are designed to provide the best solution to our customers. You will work closely with engineers in our Manila, Philippines, Elmira, Ontario, and East Granby, Connecticut, locations to design, program, test and certify trace heating controls.
AS THE PROJECT ENGINEER FOR HEAT TRACE CONTROLS, YOU WILL:
- Synthesize information from sales and marketing to establish product design specifications. Review existing drawings to ensure product design is fully detailed.
- Provide proposals, options, and suggestions to sales and marketing to ensure a complete product specification is developed
- Supervise programming of microprocessor type chips, PLCs, as needed, for circuit operation
- Test products using lab facilities and outdoor test set-ups to validate design operation and review test reports for accuracy and content
- Participate in the development of appropriate metal and plastic housings for products
- Coordinate approvals for certification requirements such as UL, CSA, and others
- Design new components and products as well as packaging and collaborate with Manufacturing to optimize the design for production. Create installation instructions and owner's manuals for new products.
- Coordinate with Sales, Marketing, and Manufacturing, to ensure the design is understood
- Assist with the sourcing of electrical and electronic components and the evaluation of vendors. Work with vendors to identify and resolve issues.
- Visit installation sites to review product operation and gain Voice of Customer feedback
WHO YOU ARE:
You readily distinguish between what's relevant and what's unimportant to make sense of complex situations. You solicit both input and discussion as well as model and encourage the expression of diverse ideas and opinions; balancing your needs and interests with those of others. You adjust your communication style to facilitate an open dialogue, relate comfortably, and meet the needs of diverse stakeholders across different levels, functions, cultures, and geographies; partnering with them to achieve shared objectives. You marshal resources (people, funding, material, support) to get things done on multi-track projects. You know to prepare for unexpected outcomes, adapt quickly to changing resources and requirements, and try different solutions. You always keep the end in sight; persisting in the face of challenges and setbacks. You build and implement plans that list steps for achieving objectives; prioritize accurately and anticipate obstacles and setbacks. You lay out a detailed schedule; using landmarks to diligently track and manage the progress of work.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical or Electronics Engineering or a closely related field
- 5 years experience developing electrical or electronic products
- Hands-on experience designing circuits as well as using technology and prototyping knowledge and skills
- Ability and willingness to travel globally, mostly to Canada and the Philippines, to meet with employees, customers, and vendors; 20-30% annually. The company will help you obtain a passport if needed.
- Legal authorization to work in your country of residence; the United States or Canada
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Professional Engineering license, Certified Engineering Technologist certification, and/or Project Management Professional certification
- Skills to program Microcontrollers and/or Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC)
- Basic User of C++
- Knowledge of electronic certification requirements such as CSA and UL as well as IEC testing
*A background check and drug screen are required for employment.
Our Commitment to Our People
We invest in our employees to ensure they have the marketplace knowledge, skills, and competencies to lead in a global economy. Our training programs focus on end-to-end development from onboarding through senior leadership.
Flexible and competitive benefits plans offer you the right options to meet your individual/family needs: medical insurance plans, dental and vision coverage, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, and more. We provide employees flexible time off plans including paid parental leave (maternal and paternal), vacation and holiday leave.
Our success is measured by the positive impact we make on people, our communities and the world in which we live. Learn more about us!.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
At Emerson, we are committed to fostering a culture where every employee is valued and respected for their experiences and perspectives. We believe a diverse and inclusive work environment contributes to the rich exchange of ideas that inspires innovation and brings the best solutions to our customers. This philosophy is fundamental to living our company's values and our responsibility to leave the world in a better place.
Diversity and Inclusion at Emerson is about welcoming, respecting, and valuing the differences each employee possesses. Inclusion is creating a real sense of engagement, belonging and connection for all employees. Learn more about our Culture & Values and about Diversity & Inclusion at Emerson.
Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply on company website