At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher. As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure. Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.
As one of the primary client-facing members of Emerson, the Project Manager is a critical member of the organization. The Project Manager is primarily responsible project delivery and lead a team of Emerson functional and technical resources during the end-to-end implementation of Emerson's enterprise software applications, in accordance with Emerson's contractual obligations, internal processes and best practices. The Project Manager is responsible for tracking, managing and reporting project financials as well as reviewing and approving project expenses and time. The Project Manager ultimately ensures that the project is delivered on time, within budget, to contractual scope and with the required quality standard, resulting in successful project execution. In addition, the Project Manager is also responsible for managing customer expectations and system acceptance. A Project Manager may manage multiple small projects or handful of medium projects.
The Project Manager, with adequate supervision, leads and directs projects, which often require considerable resources and high levels of functional integration. Must be familiar with system scope and project objectives, as well as the role and function of each team member, to effectively coordinate the activities and provide leadership to the team. Strong communication skills are absolute for this position. The Project Manager must be comfortable in participating and presenting to a variety of audiences (from project team to executives) and scenarios such as project progress reporting meetings and driving requirements gathering.
AS A PROJECT MANAGER YOU WILL:
- Define project plan, resource plan, budget, milestones and deliverables in accordance with contractual obligations and Emerson project management methodology and leading practices
Manage project scope, requirements, resources, budget, timelines and deliverables
Manage day to day tasks for Emerson resources and potentially client/3rd party resources
Manage project issues, risks and defect tracking
Own project status and communications
Establish credibility at all levels within the client and build problem-solving partnerships with clients and colleagues
Enhance the organization by sharing your knowledge and experience with other team members.
Communicate effectively and professionally through project status, presentations, client workshops and deliverables
Organize and manage project documents and artifacts so that they can be easily leveraged by other team members
Build the future of Emerson by sharing experience and expertise with new team members through both formal and informal channels
Participate in and contribute to the Emerson Project Management Organization (PMO)
Help improve Emerson's project management practice through process improvement, standardization and project feedback
Look for continuous improvement opportunities for self and Emerson
Build and expand network at Emerson
WHO YOU ARE:
You stay on top of new communications technologies. You manage uncertainty with confidence. You engage in collaborative planning. You take time to ask questions and define the problem. You make learning a priority and a goal.Additional Information
- Must be willing and able to travel up to 25%.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university
- 5+ years of external customer-facing Project Management experience
- Experience with enterprise application implementations
- Exceptional client relationship skills and demonstrated networking ability with peer-level colleagues
- Demonstrated experience at Microsoft Project and other project management tools to track project plan, progress, project financials and other metrics, risks, etc.
- Proven track record of project delivery across the entire project lifecycle, from project initiation, planning to execution and closing, while managing the production of business and technical deliverables
- Experienced in managing Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Must be willing and able to travel up to 25%
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Project Management experience with a ‘Big 4' or Global Business and Technology consulting firm
- Hands on experience leading implementation of Commercial Off The Shelf (COTS) enterprise application projects
- Exposure to presales for enterprise application implementations
- Prior experience as a Business Analyst or Technical Analyst and hands on experience in project delivery
- Significant process improvement/engineering expertise
- Highly professional documentation skills
- Experience in the oil & gas industry
- PMP certification
- Exceptional communication skills, verbal and written
- Ability to communicate effectively with different levels of the organization, within one's own and customer organization
- Demonstrated ability to influence, conflict management and do whatever it takes to get the job done
- Ability to manage multiple projects, conflicting priorities and make progress in face of ambiguity
- Comfortable establishing measurable goals and milestones for self and others; including time frames and priorities
- Strong conceptual and analytical critical thinking, comfortable managing ambiguity
- Team player – willing to take on any task no matter how big or small to meet goals
- Commitment to self-improvement – must have a strong drive to learn/stay in touch with industry, application and project management trends
- Takes interest in developing others, generous with time, knowledge and experience
Our Commitment to Our People
We invest in our employees to ensure they have the marketplace knowledge, skills and competencies to compete and lead in a global economy. Our training programs focus on end-to-end development from onboarding through senior leadership.
Flexible and competitive benefits plans offer you the right options to meet your individual/family needs: medical insurance plans, dental and vision coverage, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, and more. We provide employees flexible time off plans including paid parental leave (maternal and paternal), vacation and holiday leave.
Our success is measured by the positive impact we make on people, our communities and the world in which we live. Learn more about us!.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
At Emerson, we are committed to fostering a culture where every employee is valued and respected for their experiences and perspectives. We believe a diverse and inclusive work environment contributes to the rich exchange of ideas that inspires innovation and brings the best solutions to our customers. This philosophy is fundamental to living our company's values and our responsibility to leave the world in a better place.
Diversity and Inclusion at Emerson is about welcoming, respecting, and valuing the differences each employee possesses. Inclusion is creating a real sense of engagement, belonging and connection for all employees. Learn more about our Culture & Values and about Diversity & Inclusion at Emerson.Work Authorization
Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply on company website