At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher. As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure. Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.
SUMMARY OF ROLE
Facilitates the Project Procurement team's interests and activities for Systems and Software Solutions Group office in support of participation in strategic pursuits and project execution specifically within the prescribed local organization. This position is responsible for local project activities and execution from proposal input to supplier selection and project closeout.
These activities will include, but not be limited to,commercial term negotiations, expediting, logistics, materials receiving and tracking, procurement planning, order closeout and reporting. This position maintains local supplier relationships to ensure the procurement of materials and services are supporting project needs.
Chooses the appropriate commercial obligations to follow the technical specifications and requirements established for Project. Engages on contract development and evaluation of the contract scope, identifying and escalating critical items to management as needed.
Engages the Project Procurement/ Strategic Sourcing group and the World Area Hub resources as needed to support local work load.
PRINCIPLE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
• Represent the Project Procurement by strengthening relationships in the areas of Procurement, Project Pursuit and execution at the local level
• Primary communication conduit for all Project Procurement issues
• Local single Point-Of-Contact With local sales and pursuits teams
• Local single point-of-contact with projects and Project Managers
• Local single point-of-contact with local suppliers and contractors
• Local Point-of-Contact with execution center
• Ensures execution of all local procurement related activities by coordinating with the
• strategic sourcing pursuits managers and the Tactical/ Transactional execution Team at the best Cost Centers
• Administer strategic Third-party goods and services plan
• Create, review, evaluate and approve project Third-party goods and services plan
• Assist in the request for quotation (RFQ) process
• Represent the interest of the local site during the RFQ process
• Implement and maintain technical and process standardisation, use process automation tools and share the knowledge in order to drive continual improvement of efficiency and effectiveness
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor degree graduate in Business, Commerce , Management degree in Materials Management or Supply Chain Management or equivalent work experience
• 6-7 years of relevant work experience within the process control and automation industry or Engineer Procure and Construct (EPC) Organizations preferably in the same capacity
• Experience in multidisciplinary technical teams, and developing customer relationships
• Excellent computer skills
• Fluent in English
KNOWLEDGE/ SKILLS/ ABILITIES
• In-depth knowledge in various Supply Chain methodologies and best practice
• Demonstrated the ability to perform competitive exercises
• Experienced independent market research
• Ability to recognize and respond to dynamic demands
• Pragmatic approach to work and work environment
• Computer literacy with necessary applications and business systems
• Ability to relate with different groups of people in various levels of the organization
• Show leadership potential
• Ability to influence various members of the organization
• Excellent written and verbal skills including special language skills where ever necessary
• Dynamic and proactive
Imagine being surrounded by intelligent, driven, and passionate innovators all working toward the same goal—to create groundbreaking solutions that leave our world in a better place than we found it. Emerson is a global technology and engineering company providing innovative solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets.
Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production, protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial and Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency, and create sustainable infrastructure.
A dynamic environment is what you'll discover at Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $14.5 billion in sales and 155 manufacturing locations worldwide. Together, we're changing the world, and we have all the resources to help you achieve your professional goals.
Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options, or recently received your MBA degree, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.
Diversity & Inclusion
Our inclusive company culture celebrates the unique perspectives, diversity of thoughts, and exceptional innovation that come to life when we actively seek to hire and develop the best, brightest team members from all backgrounds. These unique points of view help foster fresh thinking and new ideas, ensuring our continued success into the future.
Apply on company website