At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher. As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure. Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.
If you are a Quality Assurance and Control professional looking for an opportunity to grow, Emerson has an exciting opportunity for you! Based in our Cudahy, WI location, you will develop implements and manage the quality assurance system to ensure that product quality is in conformance with customers, engineering specifications and ASME Code Section VIII, Division 1 requirements.
AS A QUALITY ASSURANCE MANAGER, YOU WILL:
- Up-grade and maintain the Quality System to emphasize prevention of product negative cost of quality and ensure conformances to requirements.
- Prioritize, schedule and delegate work assignments and directly supervise the quality assurance staff.
- Establish and implement quality procedures, specifications, and testing standards for raw materials, in process, and finished products to ensure that products shipped worldwide are in conformance with the required regional standard and code, e.g. PED, ATEX, GOST, etc.
- Audit and train others on how to perform a quality system audit to ensure conformance to the established procedures and practices by following a defined audit schedule and initiating corrective action as required.
- With anticipated and planned future market expansion, the need for outsourcing and packaging globally will require Quality planning and the monitoring of Suppliers/Vendors quality performance, the pursuing of timely corrective actions and continuous improvements.
- Work with Marketing/Sales to ensure understanding of customer's needs and ensure that procedures exist and are followed to conform to such requirements.
- Track and report on all aspects of cost of quality while driving improvement programs to reduce scrap, rework, and increasing shop floor yield rates. Develop and maintain a departmental budget. Ensure maximum utilization of resources within budget constraints. Review and approve Quality control equipment purchases.
- Administer compliance with the ASME and the National Board code requirements, working with the in-house authorized third-party inspector and ensure that weld and fabrication quality output meets the stringent requirements of the code.
- Monitor field returned materials and determine root cause for correction and follow-up. Must lead the efforts of the organization to continually strive for reducing Warranty costs.
- Have the confidence and presentation skills to speak to all levels of the organization regularly on the performance of quality.
- Ensure compliance with all housekeeping procedures and all quality and safety regulations.
WHO YOU ARE:
You readily action new challenges, without unnecessary planning. You effectively communicate in various settings: one-on-one, small and large groups, or among diverse styles and position levels. You provide clear direction and accountabilities.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Requires bachelor's degree and five to seven years of related experience; or ten to twelve years of progressively responsible related experience, or a combination of education and experience
- Ability to travel up to 15% of the time.
- Legal authorization to work in the United States - Sponsorship for this role will not be provided.
Our Commitment to Our People
We invest in our employees to ensure they have the marketplace knowledge, skills and competencies to compete and lead in a global economy. Our training programs focus on end-to-end development from onboarding through senior leadership.
Emerson places a high value on ensuring that employees have a good work-life balance. We provide access to a competitive benefits package, including the following: medical, dental, and vision coverage, life insurance, parental leave, 401k participation with a competitive match, tuition reimbursement, onsite fitness center, and an online wellness rewards program. Emerson also offers generous vacation and paid holidays.
Why Work in the Greater Milwaukee area
Cudahy is a quaint community located in Milwaukee County, where clean neighborhoods mingle with acres of parkland, major transportation access and big city attractions all within an arm's reach, with a small-town feel. Cudahy has six county parks and 823 acres of parkland, seasonal farmers markets in front of City Hall, and an extravagant Fourth of July celebration. With lots of community involvement, the city has many family-friendly events throughout the year.
The area is home to several major league sports teams including the Milwaukee Bucks, Milwaukee Brewers with Lambeau Field, home of the Green Bay Packers just 2 hours away!
Traveling in and out of the area is also a breeze! General Mitchell International Airport is just minutes away with Chicago O'Hare International Airport just a little over an hour away.
About our Location
The 150-year history of the Vilter brand tells a rich story of perseverance and drive to cultivate continuous innovation within the industrial refrigeration and gas compression industries. Vilter Industrial Products offers the latest products and solutions for industrial refrigerator and oil and gas compression. Approximately 225 employees work in Cudahy, who all support a multitude of business functions. With the blend of businesses and functions represented under this one roof, there are many opportunities for advancement within the Cudahy location.
Our success is measured by the positive impact we make on people, our communities and the world in which we live. Learn more about us!.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
At Emerson, we are committed to fostering a culture where every employee is valued and respected for their experiences and perspectives. We believe a diverse and inclusive work environment contributes to the rich exchange of ideas that inspires innovation and brings the best solutions to our customers. This philosophy is fundamental to living our company's values and our responsibility to leave the world in a better place.
Diversity and Inclusion at Emerson is about welcoming, respecting, and valuing the differences each employee possesses. Inclusion is creating a real sense of engagement, belonging and connection for all employees. Learn more about our Culture & Values and about Diversity & Inclusion at Emerson.
Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to email@example.com.
Apply on company website