At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher. As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure. Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.
Summary of Role
Primary inside contact for Isolation Valve Sales external and/or intra/intercompany customers pre-sales activities. Responsible for technical, application and quote support for products and services with assistance from the product team. Support of Regional Sales Manager & Business Development Managers in the assigned territories to achieve sales goals.
The timely response to customer technical, application and quote requests. Coordination with product support team to provide technically acceptable offerings. Effective communication to the customer and RSM on status of inquiries.
- Prepares technical & commercial quotations
- For configure to order requests for products, services, and spares, responsible to convert request for quote (RFQ) to timely, high quality bids
- For complex and engineer to order requests, collaborates with the product support team to convert RFQ to timely, high quality bids
- Collaborates on selling strategy with Regional Sales Manager and Business Development Manager.
- Reviews RFQ to determine customer requirements and suitability of Emerson product offerings to meet customer needs.
- Communicates with product support team to obtain pricing, quotes etc. on ETO requests
- Make judgements about pricing/discount structures considering the price list and availability of product vs. customer need, overall size of the opportunity, and competition for the product line. Where needed, will liaise with business platform organizations to gather pricing information for more complex quotes.
- Reviews customer freight terms against Emerson standard and makes a judgement about final freight terms for the quote.
- Employs technical expertise to answer Customer questions about products/services and pricing; navigates Emerson resources to find correct answers and ensure timely follow up. Engages Product Support team with customer as required to facilitate better understanding and best solution.
- Follows up on quotes and modifies quotes when required.
- Reviews customer purchase orders against quotation for accuracy and converts quotations to sales orders
- Escalates issues to RSM that require management intervention
- Generates regional metrics to validate responsiveness, capture rate and other measures to validate progress
Minimal Job Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing or Mechanical Engineering or other technical area preferred or combination of applicable education and experience.
- Prefer 2+ years in the flow control industry with knowledge of isolation valve and actuation applications or related knowledge of fluid mechanics and electro-mechanical equipment.
- Prefer past experience using a customer relationship management (CRM) and ERP systems.
- Strong customer support skills; excellent verbal and written communication
- Ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities
- Demonstrated ability to apply effective solutions to difficult problems
- Intermediate to advanced skills in MS Office; MS Excel in particular
No calls or agencies please. Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to email@example.com.
Apply on company website