At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher. As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure. Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.
We are looking for a Sales Engineer to be responsible for developing our business and providing sustainable growth in Spain and Portugal. In this role you will plan and prioritize sales activities and customer/prospect contacts to achieve the agreed business goals. You will maximize sales of the EMERSON products in distribution network with primary focus on the Refrigeration market. This role is home office based and reports to the Sales Office Manager Refrigeration in Barcelona.
In this role you will:
- Generate sales by providing sales & technical advice to both existing and potential customers (End-User, wholesaler, installer/contractor and consultants).
- Generate sales through hands-on demonstrations, participation at trade shows and wholesaler events.
- Develop and Maintain the relations with existing End-User, wholesaler & installer/contractor in the targeted segments through regular face to face visits.
- Train the sales staff of wholesalers as well as installers.
- Visiting relevant customers and prospects on a daily basis.
- Provide on a weekly basis the necessary visit reports to follow up on all sales-leads, distributor activities and offers.
Our ideal candidate:
- Holds a technical degree in Refrigeration;
- Has preferably 3-5 years proven commercial experience in one of following sectors: Refrigeration, HVAC or Heat-pump;
- Is fluent in Spanish and with a good level of English language, Portuguese is a plus;
- Ideally already has experience in dealing with contractors, installers and consultants;
- Is a self-starter, independent, sales driven, result-oriented with a positive approach and a clear focus on high quality sales, customer satisfaction & loyalty;
- Can communicate effectively, excellent team player and networker and able to adapt to company culture in order to achieve results and maintain effectiveness & efficiency;
- Available and willingness for extensive travel;
- A challenging and stimulating international work environment that encourages personal development and grow.
- An attractive and competitive salary with fringe benefits including a company car.
- The opportunity to be a main actor in our organization and the freedom to act for improvement.
If you are interested in joining the Emerson family, please apply online on our website, the Careers section.
Our inclusive company culture celebrates the unique perspectives, diversity of thoughts, and outstanding innovation that come to life when we actively seek to hire and develop the best, brightest team members from all backgrounds. These unique points of view help cultivate fresh thinking and new ideas, ensuring our continued success into the future.
Apply on company website