At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher. As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure. Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.
By joining us as Sales Manager Residential & Commercial Comfort covering UK, Ireland & Nordics you will have the opportunity to develop Emerson's business in the commercial air conditioning and heat pump segment. Finding new customers and opportunities will be just as important as maintaining and developing our business with existing accounts. The heat pump sector is expected to grow significantly in the next few years as governments move to implement strategies for environmental sustainability, so this is a great opportunity for an energetic and dedicated sales professional to develop their role representing a leading player in this segment. You need to be lively, customer focused and demonstrate passion for the sales process.
If this sounds like an exciting opportunity to you, join our European sales team!In This Role You Will
Manage sales growth of products for the segment (compressors, controls and full solutions) in UK, Irish & Nordic markets.
Optimise profitability through value selling.
Develop strategies for growth through available channels to market
Develop a wide network of contacts through participation in industry bodies & events.
Work closely with the Emerson marketing organisation on specific opportunities and projects.
Introduction of new products in the market, by means of promotional activities, training sessions, seminars and visits on site.
Manage and lead customer projects with a multi-disciplinary team of application engineers, marketing specialists, and customer service colleagues.
Follow market trends and report them clearly to Emerson management.
Work with European marketing communications team to develop promotional strategy (i.e. social media, advertising, editorial)
Is encouraged to travel in the territory (UK, Ireland & Scandinavia) and to other Emerson locations in Europe as required.
For This You Will Need
- Ambitious and creative mentality;
- Education to first degree level or equivalent in a technical/engineering subject;
- Good working knowledge of common architectures employed in residential & commercial heating and cooling;
- Good level of awareness of environmental legislation driving the industry right now such as F-Gas and the European Green Deal;
- A passion for the B-2-B sales process and the resilience to see projects through to completion;
- A strong track record in the application of new technologies to solve existing customer challenges but also to build new innovative solutions;
- Between 5 – 10 years of relevant experience in the industry;
- Self-motivated and well-organised approach, teammate mentality, able to plan and prioritise work to meet commitments;
- Ability to build strong relationships both inside and outside the company and deliver customer focused results.
You are passionate about making an impact and always act with integrity. You continuously push yourself to achieve new goals and are not afraid to question the status quo by proposing creative solutions to problems.
Apply on company website