At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher. As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure. Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.If you are an accounting professional, Emerson has an exciting opportunity for you! Based in our St. Louis, Missouri location, you will prepare and analyze the consolidated Statement of Cash Flows, assist in maintaining the accounting records of the Corporate Division and, interface with operating business units and other Corporate departments.
AS A SENIOR ACCOUNTANT, YOU WILL:
- Prepare and post various monthly journal entries to Corporate Division's general ledger.
- Interface with business units to improve efficiency of monthly processes.
- Assist in preparing the Corporate Division financial statements.
- Reconcile Corporate's Treasury Stock and Paid-in-Capital balances and prepare supporting schedules, including Quarterly Stock Plan analysis prepared for Executive Compensation.
- Prepare acquisition and divestiture analysis for use in preparation of Statement of Cash Flows.
- Prepare cumulative translation adjustment analysis.
- Review and analyze Investment of Emerson and Long-Term Debt-Intercompany accounts and reconcile with the business units.
- Prepare and analyze the Consolidated Statement of Cash Flows for Emerson Electric Co. and subsidiaries.
- Prepare Working Capital and various ad hoc analyses.
- Prepare summaries of various financial statement information for presentation to the Board of Directors.
- Prepare and maintain monthly financial statements for all Emerson Domestic Holding Company entities.
- Prepares the Quarterly Deferred Compensation Analysis to be provided to Executive Compensation.
- Draft/Issues memos related to dividends, capital structure changes and reorganizations.
- Perform in-depth reviews of the business units' financial statements. Draft comment letters concerning accounting practices and principles to the respective financial officers.
- Assists in the quarterly audits by preparing and providing documents to KPMG and Emerson Internal Audit.
You persist in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks. You work cooperatively with others to get work done. You follow through on commitments and act with a clear sense of ownership
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in Accounting
- Two plus years of public or related audit accounting experience.
- High level of experience with Excel is required.
- CPA Certification completed or in progress
Our Commitment to Our People
We invest in our employees to ensure they have the marketplace knowledge, skills and competencies to compete and lead in a global economy. Our training programs focus on end-to-end development from onboarding through senior leadership.
Flexible and competitive benefits plans offer you the right options to meet your individual/family needs: medical insurance plans, dental and vision coverage, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, and more. We provide employees flexible time off plans including paid parental leave (maternal and paternal), vacation and holiday leave.
Our success is measured by the positive impact we make on people, our communities and the world in which we live. Learn more about us!.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
At Emerson, we are committed to fostering a culture where every employee is valued and respected for their experiences and perspectives. We believe a diverse and inclusive work environment contributes to the rich exchange of ideas that inspires innovation and brings the best solutions to our customers. This philosophy is fundamental to living our company's values and our responsibility to leave the world in a better place.
Diversity and Inclusion at Emerson is about welcoming, respecting, and valuing the differences each employee possesses. Inclusion is creating a real sense of engagement, belonging and connection for all employees. Learn more about our Culture & Values and about Diversity & Inclusion at Emerson.
Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply on company website