At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher. As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure. Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.
If you are a Financial Analyst/Accounting professional looking for an opportunity to grow, Emerson has an exciting opportunity for you! Based in our Pittsburgh, PA location, you will support both the operational project team and finance team within the North American organization with primary responsibilities for inventory and cost accounting.
AS A SR. COST ACCOUNTANT YOU WILL:
- Apply standard, overhead, and labor cost to all new parts and configurations as needed; resolve related issues
- Calculate labor and overhead rates for fiscal year and assist with annual budgeting process
- Perform annual cost update of all active parts
- Control, monitor, and report on inventory valuation, standard cost, and production variances
- Schedule and manage yearly physical inventory which includes: preparatory meetings with Operations Managers, updating procedures, overseeing all activities on inventory day, processing of counts, post inventory reconciliation
- Prepare for and assist with corporate cycle count audits; monitor daily cycle counts
- Prepare journal entries and reports for month-end closing
- Balance all inventory accounts to general ledger at month end
- Reconcile quarterly cost accounting report (CAR), HFM upload of the monthly results.
- Collaborate with others to resolve issues, test, and implement new practices
- Research and resolve account balance and transactional discrepancies; suggest solutions to prevent future issues
- Provide audit support as it relates to inventory and cost accounting
- Participate in other special projects and analysis as assigned, which includes but not limited to accounting system implementations and departmental process improvements
You use financial analysis to generate, evaluate, and act on strategic options and opportunities, you readily action new challenges, without unnecessary planning and you create teamwork allowing others across the organization to achieve shared objectives.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance.
- A minimum of five (5) years' experience in Accounting or Finance.
- Strong business system knowledge including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint skills are required.
- Articulate professionally and concisely with all levels of management
- The successful candidate must have the ability to multitask in a manufacturing-oriented environment with a commitment to delivering quality analysis to management
- The position requires 5% travel.
- Experience relating to inventory and cost accounting strongly preferred
- A CPA or MBA
- A working knowledge of Oracle
Our Commitment to Our People
Across the globe, we are united by a singular Purpose: We drive innovation that makes the world healthier, safer, smarter, and more sustainable. We invest in our employees to ensure they have the marketplace knowledge, skills, and competencies to bring this Purpose to life while competing and leading in a global economy. Our training programs focus on end-to-end development, from onboarding through senior leadership.
Our success is measured by the positive impact we make on people, our communities, and the world through our unwavering focus on environmental, social, and regulatory progress. Learn more about us!
Flexible and competitive benefits plans offer you the right options to meet your individual and family needs: medical insurance plans, dental and vision coverage, 401(k), tuition reimbursement and more. We also provide you flexible time-off plans, including paid parental leave, vacation, and holiday leave.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
At Emerson, we are committed to fostering a culture where every employee is valued and respected for their experiences and perspectives – and that reflects the world around us. We believe a diverse and inclusive work environment contributes to the rich exchange of ideas that inspires innovation and brings the best solutions to our customers.
This philosophy is fundamental to living our company's values and our responsibility to leave the world in a better place. Learn more about our Culture & Values and Diversity & Inclusion at Emerson.
Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J or TN, or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply on company website