At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher. As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure. Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.
Enterprise Cybersecurity and Network Solutions is looking for a Senior Data Center Solution Design Engineer to join our team in St Louis.
You will be engineering complex data center network solutions using software defined network architectures. This includes underlying network switching/routing, firewalling, and load balancing.
You will need experience designing, building, and operating large enterprise data center networks, including hybrid data center environments and public cloud.
With broad knowledge across the complete IT infrastructure stack you can assess, architect and build secure solutions that meet the needs of the business.
PRINCIPLE FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILTIES
- Work closely with the Data Center Networking Service Owner to ensure the networking solutions we provide to our data center hosting team meet the needs of the business and remain supportable.
- Maintain a strategic roadmap encompassing the overall data center networking environment looking out 3 to 5 years
- Research existing and new technologies for consideration in our environment including where required lab testing
- Work closely with the Data Center Networking Service Owner to ensure the appropriate levels of capacity planning and monitoring in place to allow our Operations Teams to operate the data center networking on a day to day basis
- Work with our automation team to drive efficiencies around self service provisioning, monitoring and compliance into the data center networking environment across switching, firewalling and load balancing
- Maintain and understand knowledge around VMWare NSX-T and the interaction with the physical network environment
- Be able to simplify complex ideas/issues and present to senior management when required
- Lead major vendor solution testing and selection
- Participate in data center related projects that require networking input/solutions
- Participate in major incidents/escalations to aid troubleshooting
- BA/BS in Information Systems
- 9 to 13 years' experience in the design, building and operating large enterprise data center networks
- Deep knowledge of networking and security in a data center environment, particularly with Cisco, Palo Alto and F5 including microsegmentation
- Experience of Software Defined Network Architectures, ideally Big Switch (now Arista) Big Cloud Founation (BCF) or Cisco ACI
- VMWare NSX Experience, in particular the interaction with physical networks
- Good knowledge of Windows and Linux Operating systems, in particular the network stack and integration to networks
- Experience with Hybrid Data Center architectures preferred
- Experience with Ansible, Python and scripting techniques to build, monitor and troubleshoot networks preferred
- Experience working in a global environment with a geographically spread team
- Excellent communication/documentation skills
Our Commitment to Our People
We invest in our employees to ensure they have the marketplace knowledge, skills and competencies to compete and lead in a global economy. Our training programs focus on end-to-end development from onboarding through senior leadership.
Flexible and competitive benefits plans offer you the right options to meet your individual/family needs: medical insurance plans, dental and vision coverage, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, and more. We provide employees flexible time off plans including paid parental leave (maternal and paternal), vacation and holiday leave.
Our success is measured by the positive impact we make on people, our communities and the world in which we live. Learn more about us!.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
At Emerson, we are committed to fostering a culture where every employee is valued and respected for their experiences and perspectives. We believe a diverse and inclusive work environment contributes to the rich exchange of ideas that inspires innovation and brings the best solutions to our customers. This philosophy is fundamental to living our company's values and our responsibility to leave the world in a better place.
Diversity and Inclusion at Emerson is about welcoming, respecting, and valuing the differences each employee possesses. Inclusion is creating a real sense of engagement, belonging and connection for all employees. Learn more about our Culture & Values and about Diversity & Inclusion at Emerson.
Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to email@example.com.
Apply on company website