At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher. As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure. Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.
SUMMARY OF ROLE
By joining us as the Senior Financial Analyst, Roxar and E&P Software Europe, you will support the Senior Finance Manager in the financial management of Roxar/E&P Software activities within Europe, including financial reporting, financial forecasting, financial planning, financial analysis and asset management.
You will engage extensively with the local operations teams for Roxar Business Unit in both Cluj, Romania and Stavanger, Norway to understand the financial implications of long term project progression within the business. For E&P Software, you will work closely with the Senior Finance Manager as well as European based BU finance, to support the integration of the business into the World Area and Flow Europe structure.
If this sounds like an interesting job for you, then join our team now!
SPECIFIC JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsibility for monthly consolidation and integrity of the divisional monthly forecast by interfacing with sales and operations leads within Roxar and E&P Software to understand the business and liaise with the Senior Finance Manager to propose POR adjustments where necessary.
- Monthly review of the financial results submitted by both Roxar and E&P Software sites with the aim of ensuring overall data integrity and being in a position to explain significant variances versus prior month/year plan.
- Develop and maintain meaningful management reports to provide insight on P&L, B/S, Headcount and Asset Management metrics which can be used by Roxar, E&P Software and Flow Solutions management teams.
- Work closely with the Roxar Cluj and Stavanger HUBs to understand ongoing projects and understand their implications for revenue recognition and profitability.
- Implement Continuous Improvement Initiatives, with focus on standardization and alignment to the other Flow Solutions Business Units. Specifically, engage in supporting the integration of the E&P Software business into the European WA reporting structure.
- Responsible for managing the Flow Solutions Europe HQ costs which includes ongoing cost centre reviews with cost centre managers, managing monthly financial reporting and producing monthly forecasts.
- Engage in various ad-hoc projects (technical and analytical support through Europe) which can include providing support on Oracle implementations and various systems related support.
- Provide ad-hoc support to other BUs within Flow Solutions where necessary
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Fluent English language skills; verbal, reading and writing. Other European languages are an advantage
- University or equivalent degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration.
- Qualified/Part Qualified Chartered Accountant preferred
- Strong personality with the ability to communicate with all levels of the organization.
- 2 to 4 Years work experience in a finance/accounting role
- Knowledge of Project Accounting is an asset but not essential
- Willingness to work flexible hours according to job requirements.
- Knowledge of Oracle and HFM preferred
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills
Our Offer to You
By joining Emerson as a Senior Financial Analyst, you will be working at the heart of our business. This means that the skills and business insight gained can serve as an invaluable foundation toward developing your career within our global organization. We offer plentiful opportunities for advancement and support this through our formal personal development planning process.
Our inclusive company culture celebrates the unique perspectives, diversity of thoughts, and exceptional innovation that come to life when we actively seek to hire and develop the best, brightest team members from all backgrounds. These unique points of view help foster fresh thinking and new ideas, ensuring our continued success into the future.
Apply on company website