At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher. As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure. Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.
Role and Responsibilities
Pipeline Manager is ESI's online real-time hydraulic modeling and leak detection solution. At its core ,it has a hydraulic simulator developed by in-house simulation experts and is packaged with a state-of-the-art user interface to create a distributed client-server solution. Our customers transport and store liquid hydrocarbons and chemicals in the (midstream) pipeline and terminal space. You will join a team of software developers, QA analysts and product managers focused on providing excellent technical software solutions which bring business value to our customers.Job Responsibilities include:
· Gather requirements, perform analysis and design enterprise level application features
· Provide software estimation and work breakdown plans, and track progress to milestones.
· Perform software development and maintenance of our core hydraulic simulation, leak detection applications and/or off-line transient oil and gas pipeline modeling products
· Refine hydraulic simulation tools, computationally intensive algorithms, Computational Fluid Dynamics applications, and models.
· Implement efficient numerical schemes; validate and test pipeline hydraulic models
· Design, develop, optimize, modify, and debug numerical simulation software using Fortran, C/C++, C#, and SQL
· Convert concepts into deliverable solutions
· Communicate with clients and the rest of the team (oral, written & visual).
· Help train and mentor less senior developers in the group
· On occasion, function as the team leader on projects or issues having a high level of impact on the business unit
· Design and develop new tools directly or indirectly related to Pipeline ManagerExperience and Education Requirements
· A PhD. degree or foreign equivalent in Mechanical Engineering, Physics or Mathematics or related field
· 5+ years of experience in simulation development (numerical simulation, computational physics or CFD)
· 3+ years of experience in hydraulic or fluid dynamics simulation
· 3+ years of experience with Fortran, C/C++, C#
· Demonstrated problem solving and troubleshooting skills
Preferred Knowledge and Skills
· Experience with Pattern Recognition and/or machine learning algorithms is a strong plus
· Knowledge of pipeline hydraulics is a strong plus
· Experience as a Technical Lead on projects
· Good working knowledge of the .NET Framework
KFLA COMPETENCIES· Action Oriented
· Manages Ambiguity
· Customer Focus
· Plans & Aligns
· Drives Results
· Must be willing and able to travel up to 5%
No calls or agencies please. Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to email@example.com.
Apply on company website