At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher. As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure. Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.
The MS SQL DBA will be responsible for the implementation, configuration, maintenance, and performance of critical on-premises SQL Servers and Azure Databases (IaaS / PaaS / SaaS) to ensure the availability and consistent performance of our applications. This position requires sound knowledge of SQL Server & architecture, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, administering, designing, implementing, maintaining, query-tuning, and monitoring performance of new & existing databases. Knowledge of Azure Synapse, Azure data factory, Azure data lake storage and data ingest pipelines is a plus.
- Possesses excellent knowledge of MS SQL Server architecture and Database concepts.
- Minimum 4 Years' experience in maintaining critical production environments On-premises hosted SQL Servers/databases.
- Strong command on T-SQL and understanding of SSIS, SSAS, SSRS.
- Experience in DB backup & restore, point-in-time restores and Automation tasks.
- Experience in database and server upgrade activities.
- Knowledge of database security & patching and performance monitoring standards.
- Knowledge of data reliability, high performance, high availability, disaster recovery and scalability concepts.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills and good understanding of issues such as blocking, deadlocks, waits, resource utilization.
- Good knowledge of Views, Stored procedures, Synonyms, Indexes and SQL Agent.
Nice to Have:
- Working experience in migration of on-premises server/database to Azure (PaaS/IaaS).
- Be able to efficiently import/export data from other DBMS like MySQL, PostgreSQL, and Maria DB.
- Working knowledge of Azure Data Warehouse / Azure Data factory pipelines / Azure Data Lake storage
- Experience in design and developing data systems
- Experience in Data warehousing ETL Bigdata projects
- Experience on Synapse Azure Synapse Dedicated Pools
- Developing, testing, and maintaining datasets and data structures
- Excellent communication skills, ability to work independently and within a team
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and strong attention to detail
- Bachelor's Tech in Computer Science or other related course
- 3rd Shift (US Hours) required
Apply on company website