At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher. As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure. Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.If you are a Senior Application Specialist interested in leading a team looking for an opportunity to grow, Emerson Automation Solutions has an exciting opportunity for you! You ideally have experience working with OT & IT systems: SCADA/DCS control systems, process data historians, MES, relational databases, web services, and more. You will use your advanced knowledge in a wide range of software systems employed by Emerson Automation Solutions.
AS A SR. APPLICATION TEAM LEAD, YOU WILL:
- Provide team leadership
- Setting performance objectives and expectations in alignment with Department objectives and standards
- Ensure support activities are delivered effectively
- Grow your resources
- Provide client leadership
- Ensure clients requirements are being delivered and act as a point of contact
- Identify opportunities at clients based on their needs and objectives
- Work collaboratively with the greater Dx and Emerson team
- Have a good understanding of industrial IT environments (automation systems, interoperability standards, interfaces). In the best case you have worked with technologies such as OPC UA, ODBC, MQTT, Kafka Producer and leveraging process historian data.
- Analyze and identify sophisticated customer OT/IT/IIoT environments to design and specify data collection (ingress), data integration, data validation, and data egress to other downstream applications.
- Work with and direct team members, being the primary client contact
- System architecture design and documentation
- Conducting customer stakeholder meetings / solution walk-throughs
- Developing custom reports, dashboards and process displays
- Scripting knowledge
- Experience with system commissioning tasks and quality assurance/regression testing procedures.
- You stay on top of new technologies.
- You manage uncertainty with confidence.
- You engage in collaborative planning.
- You take time to ask questions and define the problem.
- You make learning a priority and a goal.
- 4-year Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related field
- 2+ years of relevant experience
- Experience working with control systems and/or process data historians
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- 10+ years of relevant experience is preferred
- Knowledge of high availability data historian architectures
- Customer integration with similar systems
- Project Management
- Knowledge in a wide range of software systems employed by Emerson Automation Solutions
- Experience in and aptitude for using a programming or scripting language.
- Experience working with NoSQL database like MongoDB.
- Experience working with cloud (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud) services and integrations.
- Working experience with one or more of the following software technologies:
- Web Services
- Relational Databases: SQL Server, Oracle PL/SQL
- SQL Server Services such as SSIS, SSAS, SSRS
- BI Tools: Spotfire, Tableau, PowerBI
Our Commitment to Our People
We invest in our employees to ensure they have the marketplace knowledge, skills and competencies to compete and lead in a global economy. Our training programs focus on end-to-end development from onboarding through senior leadership.
Flexible and competitive benefits plans offer you the right options to meet your individual/family needs: extended health & dental benefits, Heath Care Spending Account, life insurance coverage, registered pension plan/registered retirement savings plans. We provide employees flexible time off plans including paid parental leave (maternal and paternal), vacation and holiday leave.
Our success is measured by the positive impact we make on people, our communities and the world in which we live. Learn more about us!.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
At Emerson, we are committed to fostering a culture where every employee is valued and respected for their experiences and perspectives. We believe a diverse and inclusive work environment contributes to the rich exchange of ideas that inspires innovation and brings the best solutions to our customers. This philosophy is fundamental to living our company's values and our responsibility to leave the world in a better place.
Diversity and Inclusion at Emerson is about welcoming, respecting, and valuing the differences each employee possesses. Inclusion is creating a real sense of engagement, belonging and connection for all employees. Learn more about our Culture & Values and about Diversity & Inclusion at Emerson.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply including women, Aboriginal Peoples, members of visible minorities and persons with disabilities. Reasonable accommodations are available at all stages of recruitment, selection, and employment.
If you have an accommodation need, please contact Human Resources or Accessibility.Canada@Emerson.com to make appropriate arrangements.
Apply on company website