At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher. As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure. Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.Description
Supplier Quality Engineer for gray iron and steel machining commodities; Assignments include supporting new or transferred tooling for supplier change projects & engineering programs starting with design for manufacturing design reviews thru PPAP approval & production launch. Responsible for leading audits at new and existing suppliers to maintain and support the commodity supply base. Identify opportunities at suppliers to support department continual improvement goals for price, delivery and quality. Participate or lead root cause and corrective action activities to support global manufacturing plants, and be a technical resource for plants and suppliers globally. Have diverse skills to participate in short term/tactical activities, and develop/execute strategic goals with procurement. Support Global Supplier Quality metrics along with ISO & departmental policies.
ScheduleWe offer the flexibility of a core hour work schedule. Employees can flex their start and stop times given they are working during the core hours of 9:00 am – 3:00 pm. Our teams work together to ensure their chosen work schedules are supporting our customers.
Variations – standard lab schedule
- Use core quality tools such as APQP, PPAP, Gage R&R, Gage correlation, Gage certification, statistical tools, control plans, FMEA & reviewing process flow documents in the day to day work.
- Working knowledge of root cause / corrective action activities relating to machining operations. Ability to lead problems solving teams and implement long term improvements while in parallel manage sorting of suspect material to support operation requirements and protect the customer(s).
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes (forming and machining) of ferrous materials (steel and cast iron) at low, medium and high volume production rates. Assist in developing fixture and gaging requirements appropriate to part criticality and volume. Support secondary operations such as head treating, balancing, and sub-assembly operations.With procurement manage the supply base and maintain robust tools, machines & gages for legacy production, and prioritize, plan, & implement replacement investments accordingly.
- Comfortable working in a shop environment and be an active participant in process development during supplier reviews for tooling, fixtures and gages.
- Ability to balance and prioritize multiple stakeholders to support new product development, supplier change projects, commodity process improvements, maintain robustness of legacy processes and manage the supply base with procurement.
- Utilize verbal and written communication skills across multiple levels of management in Emerson and suppliers.
Additional InformationTravel Requirements: 10-20%Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in technical major plus 1 year of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience (co-op experience may be considered).
- Prefer degree in mechanical or manufacturing engineering plus 5+ years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Strongly prefer experience in in low, medium and high volume manufacturing environment.
- Certifications in ASQ (CSQP, CQA, CQE, CQM, Internal Auditor), Certified 6 Sigma Green Belt or equivalent are a plus.
No calls or agencies please. Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to email@example.com.
Apply on company website