At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher. As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure. Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.
If you're continuously looking to develop yourself and learn more about new instruments and consumables, if you have a can-do attitude and enjoy delivering the best customer services, then we are the perfect match for you!
By joining us on this position you will be responsible for the procurement of needed materials for the manufacturing activity of Appleton Cluj and Amiens plants. As part of the Sourcing team is looking for continuous improvement of current suppliers and new suppliers, negotiate agreements on long and medium terms, consolidate the volume of materials at European level. Contribute to cost saving program in accordance with KPI
If this sounds like an interesting job for you, then join us in Cluj-Napoca, Romania!In this role you will:
- Work closely with Engineering and Development to drive procurement activities, supplier negotiation and cost projections for new product development projects;
- Identify and manage cost containment projects to drive net material inflation improvement;
- Negotiate procurement terms, conditions and pricing with suppliers;
- Identify suppliers capable of supplying the company's product portfolio and lead the cross functional team to qualify new suppliers;
- Drive data collection and analysis to measure supply chain effectiveness;
- Ensure the supply chain can support the company's compliance requirements;
- Support the operation to ensure material needed to build the company's products are available when needed by the operation;
- Review supplier requests for design changes, evaluate the cost impact, and coordinates with engineering and the supplier if determined to go forward.
- Identify and mitigate risk of part shortages due to supplier production shortages or end of life situations;
- Identify and manage projects that drive supplier on-time delivery improvement;
- Identify and manage projects that drive supplier performance improvement;
- Support the ERP implementation as necessary;
- Actively participates at the meeting of departments. It comes up with suggestions about improvement in order to attain the objectives of the company;
- Extensive experience of sourcing, procurement and supply chain management experience.
- Ability to comprehend and interpret engineering drawings, quality systems requirements, component requirement and customer specifications.
- In-depth knowledge of sourcing and procurement with special reference to pipework, skid packages, vessels etc.
- A proven track record of delivering savings, reducing lead time & increasing the supplier on time percentage.
- Technical University
- 1-2 years experience in Procurement/ Purchasing
- Demonstrated understanding of the material requirements and processes needed to support the business;
- Average technical Sourcing background needed
- Demonstrated negotiation skills;
- Microsoft Office experience and expertise (Excel, Word, Project, PowerPoint);
- ERP system experience desirable;
- English advanced level ; French – intermediate level is an advantage ;
You are passionate about making an impact and always act with integrity. You continuously push yourself to achieve new goals and are not afraid to question the status quo by proposing creative solutions to problems.Our offer to you:
By joining Emerson as a Strategic Sourcing Engineer, you will be working at the heart of our business. This means that the skills and business insight gained can serve as an invaluable foundation toward developing your career within our global organization. We offer plentiful opportunities for advancement and support this through our formal personal development planning process.
Our on-boarding program uses a blended learning approach to get you up and running as quickly as possible. You benefit from Emerson certified trainers with extensive knowledge of our customers, products and applications.
Our global Women in STEM initiative gives you the opportunity to connect with local peers that share the same interest, to promote the diversity & inclusion and early STEM education and to benefit from professional development to access leadership opportunities. Also, we are committed to maintaining a partnership with the Society of Women Engineers (SWE).
Our inclusive company culture celebrates the unique perspectives, diversity of thoughts, and outstanding innovation that come to life when we actively seek to hire and develop the best, brightest team members from all backgrounds. These unique points of view help cultivate fresh thinking and new ideas, ensuring our continued success into the future.Get to know us:
Find out more by visiting our LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube pages or at www.emerson.com
Apply on company website