At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher. As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure. Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.If you are a Team Lead/Trade Compliance Clerk looking for an opportunity to grow, Emerson has an exciting opportunity for you! Based in our Louisville, KY location, you willresponsible for the maintaining daily and/or hourly shipping department expectations as directed by management. For the right candidate, this role can lead to other challenging opportunities in production, quality, or business development, at TopWorx in Louisville, or perhaps within the vast Emerson network of companies around the world!
As a Team Lead/Trade Compliance Clerk You Will:
- Coordinate daily shipping operations from inventory management, order picking, staging, packaging, processing, etc.
- Train shipping clerks in all department processes as needed
- Perform and/or oversee daily cycle counting requirements
- Work within the established performance, attendance, metrics, and safety goals
- As Team Lead set example for following all defined procedures while likewise ensuring team members follow all approved work instructions, processes, and required techniques
- Provide timely and essential communication and follow-up with Supervisor and Team Members as needed
- Lead according to 5-S standards and suggest process flow and ISO procedural improvements
- Promote safe operations and adhere to all company safety rules and standards
- Successfully complete company-required educational seminars, training sessions, and/or activities
- Ability to adapt to change in processes, activities, and/or direction
- Required to assist in shipping clerk functions to include picking, staging, and shipping customer orders
- Achieve departmental objectives, develop and document procedures to streamline business operations to improve team efficiencies and productivities
- Prior to release of shipments ensure all international shipments are in compliance with set trade guidelines.
- Use of email and phone to provide updates on progress of shipments and make arrangements to get final instructions for shipment to/from domestic and foreign customers/representatives and forwarding agents.
- Manage orders through a variety of web-based tools, including the Supply Chain Optimization portal.
- Obtain necessary information on incomplete or revised shipping requirements.
- Responsible for correct completion of all shipping documents and retrieval in accordance with record keeping requirements.
- Ensure compliance with international laws, regulations, and procedures regarding movement of goods.
- Work with sales from all world areas to identify export transactions from the U.S. and collect required compliance data elements.
- Conduct appropriate restricted party screening as required by trade compliance guidelines
- Export License determination
- Manage the export documentation process and communicate with forwarders as necessary
- Review and assist in appropriate country of origin marking for exports
- Serve as liaison between the International Sales Offices, Inside Sales and the TopWorx Shipping department
- Resolve any paperwork discrepancies on Invoices, Sales Acknowledgements, shipping method, etc
- All other tasks as assigned by Supervisor or TopWorx management
Education, Experience & Skills:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Qualified candidates must have a minimum of two year's manufacturing and/or distribution experience
- Proven computer skills required
- Fluent in English (reading and writing)
- Ability to complete basic math functions (addition/subtraction/multiplication/division)
- Ability to read and understand production shop orders and instructions
- Ability to lift 40 pounds intermittently
- Ability to defer to management when appropriate
- Ability to adapt to change in processes, activities, and/or direction
- Organizational skills. Take initiative and good time management skills
- Flexibility, dependability and good attention to detail
Our Commitment to Our People
We invest in our employees to ensure they have the marketplace knowledge, skills and competencies to compete and lead in a global economy. Our training programs focus on end-to-end development from onboarding through senior leadership.
Flexible and competitive benefits plans offer you the right options to meet your individual/family needs: medical insurance plans, dental and vision coverage, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, and more. We provide employees flexible time off plans including paid parental leave (maternal and paternal), vacation and holiday leave.
Our success is measured by the positive impact we make on people, our communities and the world in which we live. Learn more about us!.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
At Emerson, we are committed to fostering a culture where every employee is valued and respected for their experiences and perspectives. We believe a diverse and inclusive work environment contributes to the rich exchange of ideas that inspires innovation and brings the best solutions to our customers. This philosophy is fundamental to living our company's values and our responsibility to leave the world in a better place.
Diversity and Inclusion at Emerson is about welcoming, respecting, and valuing the differences each employee possesses. Inclusion is creating a real sense of engagement, belonging and connection for all employees. Learn more about our Culture & Values and about Diversity & Inclusion at Emerson.
Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply on company website