Planning and management
- Along with the Project Manager, review the project scope and schedule.
- Plan the project execution including planning of materials, design and development schedule and resources.
- Assist Project Manager to prepare progress report for customer.
- Prepare site commissioning plan which include schedule, detailed tasks order and materials logistics.
- Coordinate work between multiple internal and external teams and disciplines.
- Assist PM in reviewing project progress, cost control, scope identification and Risk management.
- Be Primary contact with customer for all technical queries, clarifications and discussions.
- Submit design documents to customer for review and approval. Manage customer expectations and promptly respond to comments.
- Lead Factory Acceptance test with customer and work project team members to ensure all punch lists are closed in a timely manner.
- Lead site commissioning activities, manage site teams, prepare progress reports to ensure smooth commissioning.
- Prepare technical solution concept to comply with project scope and optimize costs.
- Design system architecture across multiple network levels including DCS networks, fieldbuses, datalinks to third party devices and cybersecurity requirements.
- Plan and perform detailed site survey to collect all required information from site.
- Perform input data review and seek necessary clarifications from customer.
- Reviewing the Customer Project technical requirements, Specifications and Standards for DCS and C&I packages in order to derive technical scope and solution.
- Review field installed devices specifications to identify and select required IO modules types and signal converters.
- Review P&IDs and process flow diagrams to plan IO assignments to meet redundancy levels.
- Work with application engineers to make sure that software application meets project scope. Review graphics and control strategies.
- With help of draftsman, design DCS cabinets of different types, utilizing existing or develop custom designs.
- Define the database for all third-party communication data links. Interface with the customer as needed to obtain necessary information.
Procurement and suppliers
- Define project detailed Bill of Materials including specifications for Ovation and buyout items.
- Work with procurement team to define required buyouts, evaluate and select technical solution and products proposed by vendors.
- To interface with vendor technical team in order to derive appropriate technical solution, selection of right product and service and their technical solutions, products and services.
- Do quality management for engineering deliverables to make sure it meets company policies.
- Conduct internal design reviews which include hardware design, application and control strategies design, network design, cybersecurity compliance, process simulation design, performance calculations design.
- Participate in proposal reviews, consult on technical queries and provide overall support.
- Participate in sales meetings to provide technical consultancy and solutions
- Perform site walkdowns to support proposal team and define best solution
- Estimate engineering hours and required skillset for particular task and project
Degree in Engineering (Instrumentation & Control, Electrical, Electronics, Computer Science) with 5-8 years of experience in industrial process automation projects.
Experience in configuration of automation system based on any reputed PLC/DCS.
Good knowledge and experience in:
- Cisco switches/routers configuration,
- Emerson Power and Water Cybersecurity Suite (or equivalent) configuration and site implementation,
- Datalink protocols: Modbus RTU/TCP-IP, IEC60870, OPC
Technical Skills/Knowledge Required
- Minimum 5 years of work experience related to DCS/PLC system engineering activities for Automation of Thermal, Hydro, Gas or Captive Power plants.
- Demonstrable work experience in engineering/customer FAT/ commissioning of DCS system for power plants is required.
- Thorough understanding of power plant process.
- Previous work experience in hardware and/or software engineering of any OEM DCS/PLC system is preferable
- Working knowledge of establishing communication/interface with third party system over Modbus, Profibus and other digital communication bus is desirable
- Working knowledge of Foundation Fieldbus/Profibus system design, commissioning and troubleshooting is added advantage.
- Field commissioning experience related to power plant C&I packages is desirable
- Should have proficiency in working with MS office application is must.
- Familiarity with AutoCAD tools or Microsoft Visio is added advantage
Apply on company website