- Develop new products with schedules and test plans to ensure that the designs meet safety, quality, performance, and economic goals and standards.
- Identify potential design to increase cost reduction opportunities, make test plans and schedules to qualify and implement the design accordingly.
- Work with designers to ensure proper fit and alignment etc by using various tolerance stack up methods and verify that the design intent met the specified requirements
- Organize weekly meetings and prepare related presentation to review NPD (new product design) related topics.
- Complete the NPD processes such as model release form and coefficient sheet etc
- Define required geometry with Design Engineers on components design
- Establish and verify the new design development process.
- Follow-up prototype parts preparation, performance, and reliability tests results.
- Resolve and provide vital supports to engineering labs, manufacturing facilities, supplier quality and procurement and sophisticated manufacturing functions
- Work with reliability team to get NPD reliability qualification done.
- Bachelor's degree or above in Mechanical Engineering
- 3+ years working experience on mechanical product development
- Compressor or HVAC system knowledge is a plus
- Problem solving and project management skills with an understanding of key engineering tools such as design analysis, design of experiments, FMEA (Failure Modes and Effects Analysis), and lean concepts are required
- Proven understanding of refrigeration systems and compressors.
- Good communication skills of both verbal and written English.
- Broad knowledge of manufacturing processes and typical assembly and fabrication methods with some emphasis on comprehension of current practices.
- PC skills including the use of Microsoft Office applications requiring presentation materials, report compilation and computational spreadsheet utilization
Apply on company website