The Honolulu Airport (96819) has an exciting opportunity for a Part TimeASE Certified Diesel Bus & Truck Technicianat the Service Center!
The target pay is above $40/hour based on CDLlicense, performance pay increases and incentives for ASE certifications!
Excellent benefits including medical, 401k, and rental car discounts!
Free onsite parking is also provided!
Flexible shifts to work around YOUR availability!
The Diesel Bus & Truck Technician performs truck and bus service, repair, preventive maintenance, in-fleeting service, andvehicle reconditioning service according tocompany policy and procedures.This positionrequires the exercise of reasonable judgment and initiative. Performs all responsibilities with a focus on the needs of our customers and in accordance with our Quality Standards.
This flexible part time position can be scheduled between 10-39 hours per week during the shop hours of 5am-9:30pm, Monday - Sunday.
- Ensure that all repairs and preventative maintenance are completed according to the manufacturers specifications and guidelines.
- Provide safe and reliable vehicles upon completion of repairs and preventative maintenance.
- Types of repairs will include brakes, onboard computer diagnostic and drivability, suspension and tires.
- Perform in-fleet servicing on new cars according to company procedures as required.
- Perform reconditioning repairs on sales vehicles and deletes according to company procedures as required.
- Perform vehicle servicing/repairing to maintain company standards.
- Maintain the work area in a safe and clean condition.
- Perform related duties as required.
- Must be able to complete a pre-employment DOT physical exam and Drug test to obtain a Medical Card as required by the USDOT
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
- Must have a High School Diplomaor GED equivalent.
- Must have two years of automotive technical training at an accredited technical or trade school required OR a minimum ofthree years of technical experience in an automotive repair shop servicing current model vehicles required.
- Must have at least 4+ current and valid ASE certifications (one must include H1-H8, E1-E3, T2-T6 and T8).
- Valid Commercial Driver's License (CDL) Class A or B with Passenger and Air Brake Endorsements preferred (not required).
- Willing to obtain CDL License through training preferred.
- Must have a valid drivers license with no more than 3 moving violations in the last 3 years.
- No drug or alcohol related convictions on driving record in the past 5 years (DUI/DWI).
- Must have ownership ofstandard hand tools (produced in the last 5 years) to perform repairs and maintenance on current vehicles
- Must have experience using repair shop testing and service equipment.
- Must have aminimumof basic level experience and understanding of a PC and Microsoft Office Products.
- Must be able understand, read, write, and speakEnglish.
- Understanding of GM, Ford, Toyota, and Chrysler warranty proceduresis a plus.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future.
- Aside from religious observance, must be able to work 10-39 hours per week anytime Monday - Sunday from 5a - 9:30pm.
- Must be able to complete a pre-employment DOT physical and Drug test exam to obtain a Medical Card as required by the USDOT
Apply on company website