Mechanics come to EnviroServe for the competitive compensation package, variety of work, and our focus on safety, but they stay because of the outstanding culture that exists here. Our company was founded on emergency response, environmental remediation and waste management solutions for customers across the United States. To this day, we understand and respect our team members as hard-working individuals who are the lifeblood of what we do. Our Team Members pride themselves on being where they are needed, when they are needed. You'll find a great home at EnviroServe!
The mechanic will primarily work with their team to repair and maintain tractors and trailers.
The benefits you receive when working with EnviroServe:
- A culture that appreciates Team Members
- Uniforms and laundry service
- Paid Time Off (“PTO”)
- Paid holidays
- A company committed to safety
- Profit Sharing
- Excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, and 401(k) with match
- Opportunity for growth
- A commitment to helping our Team Members do things that they never dreamed possible
Responsibilities / Job Duties:
- Perform heavy and minor repairs on all trucks and trailers
- Maintain shop cleanliness and parts inventory
- Utilize computer based diagnostic systems, skills, knowledge and experience to determine what repairs need to be done and whether it's a warrantee issue
- Occasional tire work
- Implement a thorough preventative
- including: fueling, greasing, changing oil and other fluids and inspecting trucks for needed repairs
- 2 to 3 years of Diesel Mechanic Experience a plus
- Confidence in repairing suspensions, rear ends, transmissions, air brake systems, minor engine work (injectors, turbos, etc.) and more
- An expert in identifying and diagnosing needed repairs by computer based systems, being able to visually recognize problems a big plus
- Effective interfacing with internal leadership, direct reports, external vendors and other team members
Savage has been designated as a 2021 Military Friendly Employer. Additional information on our Veteran's Program, “Savage Patriots” can be found at https://www.savageservices.com/careers-for-veterans/.
Savage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.
California Residents: Job Applicant Privacy Notice https://www.savageservices.com/careers/california-residents-job-applicant-privacy-notice/
For more information or questions about opportunities at Savage, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply on company website