Envue Hotel, an Autograph Collection
Oversee the daily operations of the Events area to achieve customer satisfaction, quality service and compliance with local and corporate standard operating procedures. Position is responsible for the daily operations of the Event space - Marcus at NoHu Rooftop Restaurant, Envue Hotel and Skyline. Recommend procedural changes. May be involved in the budgeting process and monitoring of daily revenues and expenses.
- 1+ years in Event Planning and Execution required.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to include meeting with clients outside of regular business hours and attending events.
- Must have experience at a similar size and quality hotel and restaurant
- High School Diploma required; Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written. Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand English. Must possess computer skills, including, but not limited to, use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Delphi. Advanced knowledge of sales skills, revenue management, training, and motivation of peers.
- Advanced knowledge of hotel features, benefits, and competing hotels within the market.
- Knowledge of hotel operations, including marketing plans, security and safety programs, personnel and labor relations, preparation of business plans, repairs, maintenance, budget forecasting, quality assurance programs, hospitality law, and long-range planning.
- Leadership skills to motivate staff and to ensure accomplishment of goals.
- Able to set priorities, plan, organize, and delegate.
- Written communication skills to be concise, well organized, complete, and clear.
- Ability to work effectively under time constraints and deadlines.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to adapt communication style to suit different audiences, such as effectively communicating with supervisors, coworkers, public etc.
- Create an experience for our guests
- Clear understanding of both monthly forecasting and the annual budget process. Understanding of pace and productivity.
- Provide excellent service for all events including being the primary resource for all events.
- Ability to quickly evaluate alternatives and decide on a plan of action for all events.
- Strong yield management skills with an understanding of optimizing the event mix of business and the use of historical data.
- Maintain or exceed budgeted sales and profits in event areas.
- Assist in the development and implementation of effective marketing plans for generating event revenues.
- Optimize event space charges.
- Experience in event management including booking and servicing events.
- Consistently book repeat business by having a track record of long term client relationships.
- Thorough knowledge of sales techniques including strong closing skills and negotiation skills.
- Comfortable with event space site inspections
- Track record of strong prospecting efforts.
- Excellent creative skills to provide innovative set-ups, menus, and functions for groups. Ability to generate creative and innovative menus while working closely with Chef on pricing specialty menus.
- Provide overall direction, coordination, and ongoing evaluation of operations. Detailed execution of all banquet event orders
- Experience providing Audio Visual equipment and operating Audio Visual as a profit center.
- Excellent knowledge of computers, specifically CI/TY, Delphi, Word and Excel.
- Ability to work with outside vendors to ensure client satisfaction for all events and groups.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
Apply on company website