Job Title: Financial Analyst, Employee BenefitsSUMMARY:
The Financial Analyst will be responsible for managing various workflows related to providing an array of detailed analyses to support client needs in coordination with account management teams. These workflows include: identification of data requirements and obtaining same through use of insurer portals and/or correspondence with our carrier partners; data manipulation, interpretation, and analysis as necessary to complete the projects in which the Financial Analyst is engaged; and crafting, maintaining, and designing the presentation of clients' financial materials in close collaboration with other staff to ensure a cohesive and professional work product.
Reporting duties can be expected to include preparing monthly financial statements, annual marketing results and associated financial projections, and reserving calculations, in addition to a myriad of other ad hoc requests which may arise to support various client strategy planning sessions and other requests. These analyses require accurately interpreting and analyzing data, as well as presenting results both verbally and in written form in a manner understandable to technical and non-technical audiences.QUALIFICATIONS:
- 3+ years' experience in the employee benefits brokerage/consulting industry
- Time management and organizational skill are essential
- Fluency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong ability to multi-task and assign priorities to various workstreams
- Self-motivated with responsiveness to leadership
- Flexibility to work independently and within a team environment
- High degree of interpersonal and writing skills
- Knowledge of basic accounting and finance procedures
- Works with manager to set priorities and independently manage workload to ensure all goals and deadlines are met
- Effective at stakeholder management and able to understand varying perspectives and goals throughout the process (i.e. client goals, relationship lead, AE/AM)
- Assertiveness in defining and negotiating project scope and objectives
- Maintains up-to-date workflow logs and records of project source data, methodological notes, and final product in an organized and approachable system
- Approaches tasks thoughtfully and identifies process improvements that can be implemented and shared with colleagues
- Interacts with others timely and effectively, cooperating purposefully, and providing information and guidance as a technical resource as necessary
- Stays informed regarding current industry events and developments, new products and programs, legislation, technology, etc. to continuously improve knowledge and performance
- Projects a professional image in action and appearance
- Advanced quantitative/math skills required
- Coaches and mentors colleagues as appropriate to support professional development and success of team
- College degree in insurance, math or related field preferred
- Experienced with business software including agency management systems and HR portals, and capacity to learn and use other systems quickly and effectively
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group setting to technical and non-technical audiences
- Exhibits composure in confronting intricate obstacles under time constraints
- Systematic and creative thinker with a visual orientation
WHY JOIN US?
- 15th Largest Broker in US
- Voted " Best Place to Work" in the Insurance Industry
- Awesome Benefits: 401K matching, Generous Time Off Policy, Flexible Work Options, Medical, Dental, Vision, Pet Insurance, Cancer Insurance, Wellness Programs, Employee Award Programs (Trips!).
EPIC embraces diversity in all its various forms—whether it be diversity of thought, background, race, religion, gender, skills or experience. We are committed to fostering a work community where every colleague feels welcomed, valued, respected and heard. It is our belief that diversity drives innovation and that creating an environment where every employee feels included and empowered, helps us to deliver the best outcome to our clients.
Apply on company website