Description & Requirements
Epicor Software is a global technology leader dedicated to helping businesses drive growth for more than 45 years. Our modern, industry-specific software helps customers boost efficiency and productivity by simplifying and automating everyday processes. We have a stellar team of nearly 4,000 worldwide employees who are passionate about building exceptional products and solutions through teamwork, constant innovation, and integrity. We strive to hire and reward star players who inspire one another and drive results for the business and our customers.
About the Role:
We're looking for an experienced Senior Database Developer to join our growing team and help us build for the future. If you're passionate about finding solutions to new challenges and perfecting the design of our visionary cloud-native Epicor product suite, you could be the perfect fit for this role.
We're seeking a candidate who has experience designing and implementing highly performant large-scale databases for enterprise applications. The ideal candidate will have intermediate or advanced experience with ETL tools and processes, advanced knowledge of an object-oriented language like Java, and relevant experience with both relational and NoSQL databases.
What You'll Do:
- Design and implement database schemas
- Establish and enforce guidelines for our ETL process, following industry best practices
- Work with QA and engineering leadership teams to establish ETL testing procedures
- Develop ETL components and build out ETL data flows for our data pipeline environment
- Leverage relational, graph, and other NoSQL databases using Java or other languages
- Write robust and resilient code with a quality-first mindset
- Write and maintain unit tests and integration tests
- Conduct peer reviews and code reviews
- Conduct technical knowledge exchange sessions as required
- Work with our Product Management team to deliver innovative solutions that meet the needs of our growing customer base
What You Need to Succeed:
- 4+ years professional experience as a database developer, software developer, or similar role
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems or equivalent work experience
- English Proficiency
- Expert at designing, implementing, and tuning relational or NoSQL databases
- Experience working in multi-tiered environments (DEV, QA, UAT, PROD)
- Ability to write medium to large size programs in Java or other object-oriented language
- Amazing problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in an Agile SCRUM environment to deliver our products on time
Additional Skills That Could Set You Apart:
- Low-code ETL tools like CloverDX, Talend, Pantaho Kettle, Knime, etc.
- NoSQL databases like Cassandra, MongoDB, or Elasticsearch
- Graph databases like DataStax, AWS Neptune, or Neo4J, and Graph query languages like Gremlin, Cypher, or nGQL
- Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure, or other cloud platform
Apply on company website