Working for Equity Residential (EQR), a leading multi-family real estate investment trust (REIT), means being part of a community and striving to provide the best in apartment living, speaking boldly about new ideas for innovation, and inspiring creativity in the ways we work together. Our portfolio of high-quality properties in urban growth markets – New York City, Boston, Washington DC, Seattle, San Francisco and Los Angeles – provides homes where people most want to live, work and play. We've got the best people in the business, and our experience shows in our dedication to our residents and in how much we value each other as colleagues. That's why our employees say they are proud to work at Equity — a company that gives our residents a place where they can "Live Remarkably" and offers a culture where our employees have the opportunity to make their mark.
Our Chicago payroll team is in search of a detail-oriented, resourceful, flexible, and efficient Payroll Administrator to take an active role in EQR's multi-state in-house payroll processing, garnishment processing, quarterly and year-end tax processing using Oracle HCM Cloud Payroll and Time & Labor.
As Payroll Administrator, you will also be responsible for facilitating and coordinating all aspects of customer service in the payroll department. Every day will be unique, allowing you to regularly learn new things and challenging you to think on your feet.WHO YOU ARE
- Detail-Oriented, Accountable, and Enjoy Multitasking. You have a keen eye for detail and pride yourself on delivering quality work, ensuring that all documentation is prepared in an accurate and professional manner. You are organized and able to juggle multiple tasks and meet deadlines consistently—even if they're tight.
- Trustworthy and Discerning. The ability to work with confidential information, while using discretion, is crucial to this position.
- Motivated. You invest extra energy to reach your goals.
- A Solution-Oriented Team Player. You are united with teammates, follow through on commitments, and let co-workers and business partners know that they matter.
- Technologically Savvy. Tools like email and internet access start as basic necessities in your daily operation and you are comfortable using computers. You are proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Word, and Excel) and also enjoy learning new tools, technology, and/or software to help you most effectively get the job done.
- Processes complete in-house payroll using Oracle HCM Cloud Payroll Cycle, Garnishment Cycle, and Tax Cycle for both the weekly and biweekly payroll cycles.
- Generates reports, reviews for accuracy and discrepancies. Process any applicable balance adjustments on a weekly basis. Reviews discrepancies related to cycles with the Payroll Manager.
- Facilitates and coordinates all aspects of customer service and responds to a variety of payroll inquiries via phone, google hangout, or email.
- Generates daily manual checks and stop payments, as needed.
- Reviews, interprets, and processes court ordered garnishments, such as tax levies, writs, etc.
- Coordinates disbursement of funds via EFT for Child Support withholdings via ACH process.
- Coordinates payroll related projects such as W-2 reconciliations, tax adjustments, etc.
- Print and mail checks.
- Balances and reconciles weekly and biweekly payroll check runs.
- Prepares weekly, biweekly, and off cycle funding.
- Processes all costing splits by department and position.
- Assists in quarter and year-end tax process.
- Assists with ADP periodic, monthly, quarterly, and annual transmission and tax reconciliation, as needed.
- Provides quarterly and year-end payroll reporting to Corporate Tax Dept and Risk Management.
- Provides workers comp claim reporting details to Risk Management.
- Prepares relocation data for W-2 reporting.
- Represents the Company in a professional manner at all times. Consistently maintains a professional, courteous attitude when dealing with residents, coworkers and the general public.
- Perform other duties and participate in special projects as necessary.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or related field and 5+ years experience in an automated in-house environment preferably using Oracle HCM Cloud Payroll, Oracle Cloud Time & Labor.
- Proficient with computers with internet and email capabilities, telephone, facsimile, and photocopier.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word and Google Apps.
- Computer knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google Suite of products required.
- Experience in Oracle HCM Cloud Payroll, Oracle Cloud Time & Labor, preferred.
We recognize that everyone has different needs outside of work. That's why, in addition to a competitive benefits package (medical, dental, vision and paid time off), we offer many unique benefits options to employees, like pet insurance and paid time off for community service projects. To learn more, view our Total Wellbeing page here.
Apply on company website