Area Product Owner (APO), Regulatory Products
As the tech firm that created the mobile world, and with more than 54,000 patents to our name, we've made it our business to make a mark. When joining our team at Ericsson you are empowered to learn, lead and perform at your best, shaping the future of technology. This is a place where you're welcomed as your own perfectly unique self, and celebrated for the skills, talent, and perspective you bring to the team. Are you in?
Come, and be where it begins.
Our Exciting Opportunity
Are you ready for a new challenge in a company that encourages you to take your leadership career to new horizons? We are recruiting you - an experienced leader to be a part of the Ericsson technology leadership team?
Here's the deal
Packet core BDGS (Packet core Strategy Business Area Digital Services) develop and deliver packet core solution for mobile networks. With us at BDGS you'll be part of the next step in development of our products. We enable millions of simultaneous connected mobile users while handling traffic from IoT to 4K video in Gbit speeds. BDGS will become the partner of choice of Telecom operators using the latest technologies in cloud and automation to manage complexity so the ambitious can differentiate with TCO efficient solutions for programmable 4G and 5G networks, automated operations and digital engagements.
We are currently looking for an Area Product Owner (APO) for the area Regulatory Solutions within PDG Gateway to deliver Regulatory Products to meet our new demands for flexible, fast, scalable, innovative 5G networks.
Our regulatory solutions ensure our customer are compliant with regulatory requirements. In a cost-efficient and secure way we protect operators legally mandated operations. The solution helps operators to provide information to Law Enforcement Agencies (LEA) which is used to fight serious crime.
The APO role is to maximize return on investment by focusing on alignment, reusability and technology leadership while translating business value into product realization.
We stand at the forefront of Agile software development, using methods and principles from Lean and Agile methodologies to create a product that excels. Early customer and stakeholder interaction is a key element in our development process. We rely on team collective responsibility to complete all tasks according to a prioritized backlog.
To expand our organization's capability and responsiveness towards market needs we are looking for ambitious, intelligent, creative and inspiring individuals to join us. We provide a fun and challenging environment where you can grow and inspire your colleagues to further growth!
- Give input to business decisions and product strategy to empower investment as part of product business case
- Ensure good quality of content in the Area roadmap and prioritized backlog across products and provide guidance to SPOs (Strategic Product Owners) and OPOs (Operational Product Owners)
- Allocate and optimize resources and assignments within the Area
- Engage with CU/Customer in technical and commercial discussions at Area level
- Ensure that partners have a clear understanding of Area content, planning and strategies.
- Take ownership for the long-term evolvement of the Area and ensure that major system improvements are prioritized
- Make recommendations for 3PP make/buy process
- Add pre-F0 roadmap items in backlog (12-18 months horizon)
- Break down customer requirements to feature deliveries ensuring customer value
- Guide OPOs by coaching in customer-centric thinking, reviewing value argumentation, and providing clear priority setting and reasons for priorities
As an APO you are not responsible for any team(s) but drive the work through the OPOs
To be successful in the role you must have
- High business understanding
- Deep understanding of the domain/area
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills
- High energy in driving commitments
- Experience in Lean and Agile way of working
- 3-5 years' experience as Operational Product Owner/Area Product Owner or similar
- Ability to manage your work tasks independently
- A positive “can-do” attitude!
Our APOs are leaders in the organization and as such they together with other leaders guide our teams. Therefore, it is important for you to have a high interest in people, processes and technologies.
What´s in it for you?
Here at Ericsson, our culture is built on over a century of courageous decisions. With us, you will no longer be dreaming of what the future holds – you will be redefining it. You won't develop for the status quo, but will build what replaces it. Joining us is a way to move your career in any direction you want; with hundreds of career opportunities in locations all over the world, in a place where co-creation and collaboration are embedded into the walls. You will find yourself in a speak-up environment where empathy and humanness serve as cornerstones for how we work, and where work-life balance is a priority. Welcome to an inclusive, global company where your opportunity to make an impact is endless.
What happens once you apply?
To prepare yourself for next steps, please explore here: https://www.ericsson.com/en/careers/job-opportunities/hiring-process
Location for this role: Göteborg, Sweden
The selection and interview process are ongoing. Therefore, send in your application as soon as possible.
In case of questions please contact the recruiter: Johanna Kristensen at email@example.com.
This role will report to manager at Gateway Development
Kindly note that we cannot process applications sent via email
Curious to know more about the life at Ericsson? Meet some of your future colleagues and watch our People film
Do you believe that an organization fostering an environment of cooperation and collaboration to execute with speed creates better business value? Do you value a culture of humanness, where fact based decisions are important and our people are encouraged to speak up? Do you believe that diverse, inclusive teams drive performance and innovation? At Ericsson, we do.
We provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, religion, political opinion, nationality, ethnic background, social origin, social status, indigenous status, disability, age, union membership or employee representation and any other characteristic protected by local law or Ericsson's Code of Business Ethics.
Primary country and city: Sweden (SE) || || Göteborg || [[mfield2]]
Req ID: 539547
Apply on company website