As the tech firm that created the mobile world, and with more than 54,000 patents to our name, we've made it our business to make a mark. When joining our team at Ericsson you are empowered to learn, lead, and perform at your best, shaping the future of technology. This is a place where you're welcomed as your own perfectly unique self, and celebrated for the skills, talent, and perspective you bring to the team. Are you in?
Come, and be where it begins.
Our Exciting Opportunity!!
This position is in Ottawa, in the Radio Products Canada FPGA Development team. The successful candidate's primary responsibility will be RTL design and verification of Field Programmable Gate Arrays (FPGAs) and Application Specific Integrated Circuits (ASICs) for new multi-standard radio base station products for 5G, LTE, W-CDMA, and GSM networks. The position may also involve modelling, in-system lab bring-up and testing, and other typical aspects of FPGA and/or ASIC development. The Ottawa team works very closely with other Radio development teams located in Sweden and China.
- Define functional specifications for the FPGA/ASIC.
- Write RTL code, perform functional simulation, debugging, synthesis, timing closure, and hands-on integration and verification in a lab environment.
- Collaborate with Hardware/Software/Systems/Integration Radio development teams, to understand overall product requirements and drive efficient solutions.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of products, tools, and processes.
- Support the deployment of new Radio products and features into customer networks.
- Excellent communication skills
To be successful in the role you must have:
- At least 8 years of experience and a proven track record of optimally delivering many complex RTL designs targeting large FPGAs/ASICs.
- Deep knowledge / Experience with of System Verilog, Verilog, and VHDL.
- Familiarity with current FPGA device families and tools.
- Experience in functional simulation using modern verification techniques such as UVM and Assertion Based Verification.
- Skills in using scripting languages and tools (TCL, Python, Perl, Make).
- An Analytical mindset and be results oriented with the ability to deliver under pressure.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
- High self-motivation, an ability to work independently, while being a great teammate.
- Experience with Digital Signal Processing, DSP modelling, and hardware realizations.
- Mathematical analysis experience using Matlab or similar.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering or equivalent.
You might also have
- Knowledge of wireless systems and 3GPP specifications.
- Object Oriented Programming experience.
What´s in it for you?
Here at Ericsson, our culture is built on over a century of courageous decisions. With us, you will no longer be dreaming of what the future holds – you will be redefining it. You won't develop for the status quo but will build what replaces it. Joining us is a way to move your career in any direction you want; with hundreds of career opportunities in locations all over the world, in a place where co-creation and collaboration are embedded into the walls. You will find yourself in a speak-up environment where empathy and humanness serve as cornerstones for how we work, and where work-life balance is a priority. Welcome to an inclusive, global company where your opportunity to make an impact is endless.
What happens once you apply?
To prepare yourself for next steps, please explore here: https://www.ericsson.com/en/careers/job-opportunities/hiring-process
Do you believe that an organization fostering an environment of cooperation and collaboration to execute with speed creates better business value? Do you value a culture of humanness, where fact based decisions are important and our people are encouraged to speak up? Do you believe that diverse, inclusive teams drive performance and innovation? At Ericsson, we do.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.
Therefore employees assigned may be required to perform additional job tasks required by the manager.
Primary country and city: Canada (CA) || || Ottawa || [[mfield2]]
Apply on company website