Infrastructure Operations Site Manager – UK (Red Bee Media)
Red Bee was born in media and for the past 15+ years we have made significant contributions to the development of the global media industry, empowering the world's strongest media brands, broadcasters and content owners to instantly connect with audiences anywhere at anytime. Our partners include: BBC, Channel 4, ITV, Canal+, Extreme E, TV5MONDE and many others.
Welcome to a global company with endless chance to create an impact!
Our Exciting Opportunity
The Infrastructure Operations Team is responsible for maintaining and supporting the global network, storage and compute infrastructure across all sites, ensuring an extraordinary service is delivered for our customers.
This role will work with the Global Head of Infrastructure Operations and will be responsible for the local site infrastructure, ensuring all standards, SLA's & requirements are met for the business.
The environment is diverse and complex with a mix of both current and legacy platforms and as such you will take ownership for a number of services covering network, storage, compute & virtualisation. You will promote team working, ensure good communication and prioritise engineering decisions.
This represents a superb opportunity for an Infrastructure operations leader who still wants to maintain a technical element to their role.
- Collaborate with the local Operations teams, the wider IT team and 3rd party vendors.
- Ensure all aspects of Vulnerability and Life Cycle Management are planned and delivered on a continual basis
- Champion continuous improvement through effective problem resolution. Design, install, test and deliver improvements to eliminate single points of failure and enhance systems to the point of “zero effort maintenance”
- Develop infrastructure processes, documentation and policies, execute locally, apply IT strategy & lead change. Work multi-functionally with other Infrastructure and technology teams across the organisation
- Act as an emergency 24x7 critical issue point for incidents/problems
To be successful in the role you must have
- Leadership abilities: with a track record of empowering direct & remote teams to perform at a high level.
- Good communication skills, including effective presentation of technical subjects to internal audiences
- The ability to prioritise multiple responsibilities with an appreciation of ITIL Service Management methodologies. Extensive experience in fault finding methodologies in complex system and network infrastructures
- Experience and knowledge of Core network infrastructure technology and administration methodology (firewall & switch deployment & configuration, VPN, VRF, TCP/IP, DNS)
- Core infrastructure compute technology and operational processes (Microsoft & VMware suites, Backup and Restore systems, DNS/DHCP, PKI, PowerShell), with an understanding of network technologies
What's in it for you?
By joining us you will be a part of an international team, collaborating to deliver outstanding media experiences through forward-thinking solutions and services! Working with colleagues who share a passion for media and clear sense of integrity in the workplace, you will have the opportunity to work with some of the biggest and most innovative media companies in the world, using groundbreaking media technologies and systems to deliver our services. With Red Bee Media you will be able to bring your unique talents, skills and perspectives to the table and cooperate in an openminded an inclusive environment.
What happens once you apply?
To prepare yourself for next steps, please explore here: https://www.ericsson.com/en/careers/job-opportunities/hiring-process
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: United Kingdom (GB) || || White City || Consulting&SysInt; IT; ProdMgt; R&D; SalesStratMkt&ComMgt; ServEng; SharedServ; Stud&YP; Supply&Log
Job details: ICT Operations manager Job Stage 06
Apply on company website